New
Find
Notify
Tools

QLD gov wasting more taxpayers money
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Good ol Qld gov wasting 7 million dollars of taxpayers money ,claiming that they are going to eradicate feral pigs in the state, what a bunch of fools, not a chance they are so well adapted to the country up here, mean while the legitimate hunters willing to help for absolutely no cost to the taxpayer are locked out of the national parks , the breeding grounds for the feral pig
gazza

Posts: 32 | Location: australia | Registered: 28 June 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
7 mil..... that will kill about 1000 pigs the way the contractors will rip off the scheme

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I doubt it will make it past a few community consultations and some training programs for the locals. We have seen this in N.East NT. Training module 'How to build a pig trap' - number of pigs trapped... ZERO. But that's OK they are using the most economical and environmentally friendly method to reduce feral pig numbers. KPI = number of locals trained in pig trapping methods. Mission successful.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Why don't they try eliminating a different pest first - I mean just to see how good they are - like, oh .... maybe cane toads?

Then they can speak from experience. Smiler

BTW will they have money left after the "let's register everyone's tattoos" thing?

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bren7X64:
Why don't they try eliminating a different pest first - I mean just to see how good they are - like, oh .... maybe cane toads?

That's just crazy talk!!!

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by Bren7X64:

That's just crazy talk!!!

Sorry homer

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Waste of money ? Julia Gillard gave Vietnam $426 Million dollars for roads, schools,etc they turned around and bought 10 Mig jet fighters with the money ,like Hawke who gave them $30 million or todays equivalent to build a Bridge over the Mekong ,Fairy Godmother Julia also gave the Solomon Islands another 400 million so i heard so the women there could learn about Politics ! What ??

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't feel bad, the idiots that we have running our country just hired someone for 900,000 to round up 400 head of Cattle and then sent armed people to drive the ranchers off their land. And then decided maybe it wasn't the proper way to go about it, so they turned all the cattle back out. The moron's (fed's) could have went to the local bar and bought a couple drink's, hired an army of cowboy's for $50 a day and had them gathered in half the time.

Sorry about the pork problem, if it would help i would come over and shoot as many as i see.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The moron's (fed's) could have went to the local bar and bought a couple drink's, hired an army of cowboy's for $50 a day and had them gathered in half the time.

Mostly correct - BLM were/are morons, and I don't know a cowboy that would turn down a cool mug of the frothy. But after those cowboys run out of beer, they'll tell you they don't work that cheap.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 930 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote