Find
Notify
Tools

Australia's Gun Laws are a Failure!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
G'Day Fella's,

20 years and $1,000,000,000.00 and counting later, this is what we have.
http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2...ack-failure-amnesty/

Double Doh!
Homer

Lick the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity Just Once and You Will Suck For Life!

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's some more on this;
http://thenewdaily.com.au/news...lures-lives-at-risk/

\Doh!
Homer

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If hitlery is elected here we'll show you what an expensive failure really looks like...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Idaho Sharpshooter, I can imagine!

FYI, see my other thread; "This might explain a few things........."

Regards
Homer

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Probably a fluke but the antis would say there have been no mass murders without semi-automatic weapons since 1996.

As you may recall, it is my belief that Howard overdid those laws but accidentally stumbled on the answer by banning the default weapon of choice in most shoot-em-up computer games. Somehow the mad gamer who cannot easily find a real assault rifle loses his commitment to real mass murder - because it wouldn't be the same - and goes back to his bedroom.

Sooner or later, however, some nutter will break out because his hate is even bigger than the game, and then it will be on again. Much as I detest the Adler and the trouble it poses for all lever-action aficionados, I fear the weapon of choice will be a deer rifle I use and love, because certain merchants can't resist pushing 10-shot mags for it.

Posts: 4957 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

I agree with some of your post Sambarman338.
One example, is yet another person with mental issues, killed Seven Children in Cairns with a knife! So we have had Massacres since 1996, they have just not been with firearms.

The thing that really needs to be addressed to stop any of these massacres, is not HOW but WHY people want to kill lots of other people!
All of "our" politicians, and their Gun Grabbing STOOGE mates via the slimy media, have very successfully diverted the public's attention away from Why and placed the focus on How (in other words Guns)!
What we need to do, is put the blame squarely back on these Gun Grabbers shoulders for their lack of action in addressing HOW, anytime another person dies!

Avagreatweekendeh!
Homer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That'll never happen Homer.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

I agree George!
It's very difficult to get the facts out, when the Mass Media have almost complete control of the Ministry of Propaganda............

Double Doh!!
Homer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have had about as many mass-murder events in Australia since 1996 as we had in the corresponding period prior. Most of these post-1996 events, though not all, involved methods other than firearms, but if all we achieved is method substitution then it only highlights the fact that laws aimed at the instrument miss the point. In fact several of the post 1996 mass-murder events also involved more dead than did any of the mass shootings in the corresponding period prior to Port Arthur. This should really be no surprise though, as it is consistent with experience around the world that there are means more efficient, if you can call it that, than shooting.

Moving on from the mass-killings, the overall homicide rate did decline, but this was a decline which had started in about 1991, several years prior to the buybacks, and which continued at the same rate of decline, unaffected by the buybacks in the years since. Interestingly homicide rates in the US also steadily declined over the period from 1991, and are now less than half that for 1991. This is actually a greater reduction in homicide rates than we experienced here in Australia over that period, even as there were substantial increases in the number of lawfully-owned firearms and an opening up of rights to carry in the US.

Posts: 92 | Location: follow the yellow brick road | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote