Notify
Tools

list of buy back for our fellow nzanders
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
hello gius,

here is an interesting list.

so they are not just after bad looking evil ar 15 ...

https://www.police.govt.nz/sit...-back-price-list.pdf

Posts: 1732 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before you take part in the buy-back process, there are certain steps you need to take if you have a prohibited firearm in your possession:

Posts: 4973 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Guys - how about you let those of us affected get our heads around this information before you start debating it here . Its only been released today , we need time to work out what to do .

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
fair enough.
the way I read it was the only thing to do is sign up, line up, and wait for the check.
no debate about it.

Posts: 4973 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
That , my friend , is what they want you to do.

The reality may well be somewhat differant . Given the degree of dissatisfaction amongst gun owners here I fear mass non-compliance is a real possibility.

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aus/NZ forums have sort of become sandboxes for North Americans to play in these days. Its a pity as once upon a time this forum was a lot busier, with a range of different subjects, and people logging in from other nations generally respected the place.

Any minute now this will devolve into 2nd amendment chest beating, the subjects vs citizens comments,and any useful debate will be shouted down.

its why a lot of 'other country' subforums on the net like this have died off.

Posts: 3530 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my understanding is they don't have a '2nd amendment'.
there is no right to ownership.

it's not my place to put any sort of judgment on the situation.
all I can do is make observations or say what I know would happen here, or what I would do.

it's up to the citizens of their respective country's to make the changes.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
my understanding is they don't have a '2nd amendment'.
there is no right to ownership.

it's not my place to put any sort of judgment on the situation.
all I can do is make observations or say what I know would happen here, or what I would do.

it's up to the citizens of their respective country's to make the changes.

Lamar, you were given the chances to explain what "you would do" on the other thread.

When you were intimating the Nzers should use force, and I asked how much force you yourself had used, given the US has faced several thousand law changes of its own, not the least of which was the 1938 gun control act...

I see no major instances of armed americans overturning any of these acts, and I notice you dissappeared pretty quickly when I asked for evidence of your own contributions.

I spent too long in the army to have any time for blowhards who advise others to do what they have no inclination to do themselves.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
what would I do.
I don't face that situation right now but I doubt I would comply.

or I would move.
I have disagreed with the politics of a state before and packed up family and everything I owned and left for a state I did agree with.

it sucked to leave family and a job behind, but there it is.

as far as showing up.
I had no problem taking leave from a Job to show up armed and prepared to the Bundy altercation, and I am fully prepared to head up north right now to help with the Oregon law makers issue.
[look that one up]

yeah I'm involved and armed and prepared.
I spent 10+ years in the military dragging people out of situations they didn't want to be in.[and some that didn't want to go]
doing it now isn't that big of a change.

if you want something you need to be prepared to make sacrifices.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Given the degree of dissatisfaction among gun owners here I fear mass non-compliance is a real possibility.

Same here but like sheep we dutifully complied in the end.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
what would I do.
I don't face that situation right now but I doubt I would comply.

The gun control acts and every law in your state are in effect now.

What are you waiting for?

How many politicians have you shot at to reverse anything currently in effect? Turning up at rallies with open carry doesn't cut it. Thats called a protest, not a revolution.
quote:

I have disagreed with the politics of a state before and packed up family and everything I owned and left for a state I did agree with.

So you didnt shoot anyone as you advise Nzers to do? You tucked tail and ran. Glad we got that straightened out at last. You don't have the guts to do as you advise others to do.
quote:

it sucked to leave family and a job behind, but there it is.

Sure, running away must be real tough. Way tougher than Nz shooting at their leaders Roll Eyes

You chose what laws you wanted to run from, you chose what laws you would accept, and you still have the federal acts governining you anyway. You compromised.
quote:

yeah I'm involved and armed and prepared.
I spent 10+ years in the military dragging people out of situations they didn't want to be in.[and some that didn't want to go]
doing it now isn't that big of a change.

I have doubts about military service from folks who don't understand their own posts, let alone everyone elses. Despite jokes about military brainpower or lack thereof the military has pretty decent aptitude tests for entry- you dont strike me as someone who would pass Lamar.
quote:

if you want something you need to be prepared to make sacrifices.

And if you want to be authentic, the sacrfices you advise others to do, you need to have done yourself.

You ran son, you didn't start shooting. You don't have a right to advise NZ to. End of fucking story.

Go blow your hot air elsewhere.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
actually heading out in about an hour to prevent a politician from being shot at.

enjoy your day.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
one thing before I head out the door.
your reading comprehension is off the mark.
I didn't advise showing up at parliament or whatever they have there and shooting up the place in the other thread.
I advised lining up and handing them over same as I did earlier.

there is no right to ownership in their country, they live there willingly, they either leave for someplace which guarantees that right or stay and give in.
the only other option is to change things from within.

one person or one vote is meaningless in any situation.
it is like being the test case in any form of lawsuit with marginal funds for defense.
your not gonna win and the only other ending is only meant for the stubborn.

taking your frustrations out on me might make you feel better, but you have no idea who I am nor what I have done in my life.
I can see absolutely no time on this site that I have gave any inclination of being a super hero of any sort nor a mall ninja.
I'm just a regular guy that now lives in a quiet small town in Idaho with no visible means of support.
lets keep it at that shall we.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
from what i gathered the second round of legislation is to remove from their hands any calibers above the 300 win mag ...

Posts: 1732 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Thats going to hurt a lot of people.

one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Sauer 303 in 300 WIN Mag worth 5k gone

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I scanned the list and it is pretty shocking. There are lots of commonly used hunting weapons.

Good luck gentlemen.

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
As most know we had much of the same with a buy back.
I only had one,the latest Beretta .12 auto that i demanded to see broken which they did in front of my eyes in the back room. It was placed into a machine that pretzled it in 30 seconds....

You may cry a little.But we got over it and so will you bro`s in NZ.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The list reflects the banning of all centrefire semi-auto rifles regardless of whether they are considered to be military style rifles or hunting rifles.

I do not own any, so it does not effect me, but I resent the intrusion on my future potential.

As for the next round of firearms law changes I expect them to introduce some form of registration - even if it is an internet form in name only, plus shortening the firearms license period.

People have mentioned banning calibres over .300 win mag - this is an Australain idea that some people talked about wanting in implement over there to ban dedicated large calibre long range target rifles by describing them as "sniper rifles'; the NZ government may have picked up that ball.
I really doubt this would be part of it, but you just don't know. But so far the minister has not mentioned it.

I expect it will be harder for the next round of changes to go through, and their will be more opposition, - the subject has gone off the boil, and politicians will start shuffling to try and keep 240,000 votes.

Posts: 304 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I got my letter and saw the details.

The compensation is reasonable IMHO.

Since I do not own any semi autos or pump weapons it does not affect me.

I just hope it goes through without too much people for legitimate hunters and shooters.

It would be really sad if someone got done for carelessness or just plain stiff necked resentment.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
It does affect you Naki - it affects your freedom of choice in any future firearms purchases you might make . It also is the thin edge of the wedge - after the semis are gone whats left ? Oh yes - your bolt action rifles .Then your s/s shotgun and so on.

This affects every licenced firearms owner in the country - including you.To say it doesnt illustrates your lack of knowledge on the overall picture here

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Exactly Muzza

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
It does affect you Naki - it affects your freedom of choice in any future firearms purchases you might make . It also is the thin edge of the wedge - after the semis are gone whats left ? Oh yes - your bolt action rifles .Then your s/s shotgun and so on.

This affects every licenced firearms owner in the country - including you.To say it doesnt illustrates your lack of knowledge on the overall picture here

when they will go after 300 win mag plus calibers you will see how impacted it will be lol ...

it is a shame some choose to be blind ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1.

Look at the latest proposals.

Down the sewer you go....

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon1:
As most know we had much of the same with a buy back.
I only had one,the latest Beretta .12 auto that i demanded to see broken which they did in front of my eyes in the back room. It was placed into a machine that pretzled it in 30 seconds....

You may cry a little.But we got over it and so will you bro`s in NZ.

I beg to differ. A lot of Aussie shooters well remember what John Howard did to us. I helped vote the little bastard into power. The latest federal election is the first time I have voted Liberal since and that was only because the alternative of Labor was potentially devastating.

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
a shit sandwich , even if fed to you in small bites over a period of time , is still a shit sandwich.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Politicians though learn how to make them tasty for the idiots that vote for them.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
They say that the devil's neatest trick was to make you think he didn't exist.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So the next lot of changes involve fading in a gun registration over five years, plus a shorter 5 year license period.

That was mentioned at the start and was pretty much a given they would attempt it.

So. Well, at least these have to go through normal parliamentary procedure, and opposition MP from two parties have already protested them as unreasonable.
Like I have alluded earlier, now that the public outrage has spent itself, politicians will now start jockeying to look better to the voters with firearms licenses.

Enough of the paranoia. Im going hunting.

Posts: 304 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Exactly!!

Wishing all of you the best....

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nobody's after your bolt action rifles and your shotguns.

Jesus theres a lot of rubbish been talked about all this.

Frankly, if you didnt own a semi auto rifle of some kind, or have a desire to own one, it doesn't affect what you can do.

Also, their proposed online registration and shorter license period also doesn't effect what anyone does with their guns.
So Naki is quite correct, for him personally, and also for me, and many other people.

If you guys want to have an argument about gun "rights" you'll have to talk to some Americans, over here shooting is a recreational activity.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Time will tell , CH , time will tell.
Hope you are right , bet you arent .

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Frankly, if you didnt own a semi auto rifle of some kind, or have a desire to own one, it doesn't affect what you can do.

There is a word...whittling is it....once the semi autos and whatevers are banned then there is less in the firearm world for them to whittle the list down...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I'll rephrase it then. No one has whittled anything off me.

Look, in NZ there is no discussion of gun "rights" which is driving much of these debates online between people from outside the country.
There is no right to own a gun in this country, much like there is no right to own a golf club. People are passionate about hunting or shooting, but we have virtually no anti-hunters here. I have never met one. The anti- gun "people" effectively didn't exist before this recent shooting. I have never met one of those before either.
These law changes have been born of real concern and horror. You can't deny it. the actoins taken are not all informed, or useful, but the concern is real.
The gun "debate" such at it is, is about how the privilege of owning a firearm can be extended to those who are responsible enough to have it, and also to keep them from the hands of those who are not.

Its a recreational past-time, no one rights are being infringed by not being allowed to have an AR15 for defence, or to act in an armed insurrection against their own government.

And frankly, these suspicious paranoic whispers about how they are coming to take all the guns - as in it will serve you right if your not as outraged as we are - can be put into context like this:- we live in a democratic society with representation in parliament, and if the community votes that no one should have a firearm at all then that means the public have decided the good outweighs the needs of an individual regarding what is effectively a recreational pastime.

If you do not consider owning and shooting a gun a recreational activity, then you don't understand New Zealand culture and law, or you're in the United States - where they do have laws enshrining the right to own a gun, and have a culture that was born of the need of one, meaning a revolution. (Or, you are living in the middle of a war yourself.)

I am not angry at the government, I am angry at the malicious outsider who abused our community by murdering many helpless people and did it through the perversion of a pastime I have enjoyed for decades.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dont speak for new zealand culture on behalf of us all Carlson. many have a different view and maybe a wider sense of what we should be outraged at. Or a deeper sense of the importance of our culture.

Posts: 4236 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
If I had an anger to direct at someone it would be the prime minister for invoking an Order In Council based on scandalous fear mongering on the part of the news media , fed by the mob mentality of anyone who would offer a concurring opinion in public , and all without one single thought of the effect it would have on a sector of the community who had committed no crime.
For her to have turned the original event into a grandstanding opportunity on the world stage for her own nefarious reasons is , in itself , as reprehensible as the original act of violence that created this mess.
Carlson Highway - you and I - and nakihunter too - are simply never going to see eye to eye on this .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
speaking from outside but being under a commonwealth like you where in a minute i can become a paper criminal with an OIC i think that all of you need to think and see a little more than just your little person.

if every gun owners think it will not be impacted in the future it is wrong.

the gun grabbers will never stop.

i do not have black powder guns so i should say i do not care but i do own semi auto centerfire and rimfire, i do have pump and semi auto shotguns but not SXS or OU i do not own single shot shotgun or rifle only bolts so i should not care.

i do own semi auto and revolver but my neigbhour nt should he cares ... we can expand a lot everywhere about gun owning and gun culture.

we are more closer than the american gun culture but we all have in common owning guns.

do not let them seperate us.

one last thing: for those that are talking about democracy im interested to read where in the program of your PM she was elected on the basis that she will make gun control one of her priority ... you did not vote for her for that do you?

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
[IMG]the gun grabbers will never stop.[/IMG]

Like i tried to say,there is a word for that and that word is whittling!

Take heed.