New
Find
Notify
Tools

savage f class 6mmbr
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What are my chances of getting a decent savage f class rifle if I purchase one new. I dont need .2 MOA groups, a little under half MOA (or better would be fine) all day long in the same place year round is what i want.. My 788 6mm with wood stock is driving me crazy.. shoots very well, but heats up, moves impact on different days, and keeps me hopping to keep up with the loads, needing to be quite exact.. any help appreciated.. Im worried about some statements in the forums about bore chatter, and some other problems, that may or may not be rare? Also searching thru old posts someone made a remark that the glue lams shot better than the plastic stocks, and comments on that? thanks dave

hunter, blackpowder shooter, photographer, gemology, trap shooter,duck hunter,elk, deer, etc..

Posts: 249 | Location: central montana | Registered: 17 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ffffg, my Savage 110FP in 223 is competitive at my local club where we shoot reduced targets at 200 yards. A friend had a Savage in 223 and he had it rebarrelled in 6.5x284 and it shot extremely well. Remember that rebarrelling is not that big a deal for a Savage. He headspaced and fitted the barrel himself. My rifle will shoot sub 1/2 MOA at up to 300 yards (the longest distance that I have grouped it).
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote