Find
Notify
Tools

Benchrest rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted
Local pawn shop has picked up a few benchrest rifle in a estate sale.

One rifle is a 6ppc with a hall action. No idea on who made the barrel or the rifle.

Is this interesting ? I know nothing about benchrest rifles.

How much Approximately would something life this be worth if it looks like it is in good condition ?

Thanks

Mike

Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.

Bernard Baruch

Posts: 11447 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have several rifles with Hall actions.

They EXTREMELY accurate.

One is a 6mm PPC.

It shoots some groups which I cannot measure accurately!

I have sent you a couple I have on my phone.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 54370 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, 6ppc in a bench rest rifle is gonna,be a hand loading only type thing. I would imagine that its gonna be a tight neck chamber.

Were I you I would keep bashing away with your 6.5 needmoor and telling yourself its amazing.

Posts: 38629 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
They want $1500 for it and someone who does not shoot but just collects guns has expressed interest in it.

I will likely pass and maybe have savage build me in something with cheap factory ammo.

Only reloads of 6ppc I found were like $50 a box.

Mike

Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.

Bernard Baruch

Posts: 11447 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want to go that route I would look at 6mm br.......still not a lot of good options for a non hand loaded.....but much more inherently accurate than a "needmoor".....

Posts: 38629 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If don't make your own ammo, forget it.

The one I have was built by Dwight Scott.

It is the only rifle I have I tell people it shoots better than I can ever do.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 54370 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote