Notify
Tools

LIKE BEAVERS?
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
Got your attention, EH??

Beaver Shots - You'll enjoy this!

ALL ABOUT BEAVERS, IF YOU ENJOY VINTAGE AIRPLANES, YOU WILL LIKE THIS.

All of you flyboys will enjoy this! Lots of other vintage a/c also.

<https://www.youtube.com/embed/3w_v0k57KhE>

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
470eddy:
thanx brought back great memories. I spent time in alaska in the mid 50s with the O.S.I. flying them with electronics aboard to monitor the air waves out of Russia. also flew many rescue missions including some on the ice cap out of point barrow. thanx again

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Beaver Link

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Turbo beaver, the only way to fly in AK...

tu2 tu2

Turbo Beaver

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Oh man, I could watch these videos all morning. I don't think anything quite says Alaskan/Canadian adventure like a Beaver.

beer

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16369 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had a good buddy who flew DHC-2 Beavers for years out of Lake Hood. He had a personalized license plate on his Harley

DHC2-ETR...

Think about that for a second. Cool

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
That is funny!

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
license plate on his Harley

DHC2-ETR...

dancing clap jumping

Good One Surestrike!!

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing the clip. I have to say, as impressive as a Beaver on pontoons is, they are even more impressive looking to me in tail dragger configuration.

Mike

Posts: 21211 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had to put it on mute.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remember reading somewhere, every one still in existence has been crashed and re-built at least once. Big Grin Surprised to see one in Hamburg on floats, doing tours.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
My very first ride in an airplane was a Beaver. I was 19 and it also was my first parachute jump. I'll never forget the Beaver.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2936 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Living in Seattle, the Beaver is a source of local pride. The white and yellow livery is that of Kenmore Air Harbor, a local operator and re-builder of many DHC-2s. They fly over my house many times a day between the north end of Lake Washington and their second base on Lake Union, right near downtown Seattle. I've made a lot of great flights to British Columbia in the mighty Beaver.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beaver Link

As I recall, the original had 375 hp. A Lycoming? Also, I missed the license plate insider reference. Can someone help this non-aviator?

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
The Beaver always had the Pratt and Whitney R-985, 450hp radial.

Now for the Harley License- I don't want to get kicked off of this fine site....sooooo- here is a hint-

DCH-2 is the model number of the BEAVER- now phonetically say the rest...

Or maybe you can go to a young son or grandson texter....that will get it!!

jumping

Cheers

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the late 60s we had a Beaver spreading superphosphate on my parents farm ,from memory my sister or older brother got a ride in it, i remember it flying over us and the pellets of super landing on the roof of my fathers Landrover and my younger brother saying ''look at the round hole underneath it where the super is coming out of''.There was also one doing Tours over Lake Argyle in Western Australia and i desperately wanted to get a ride in it but it was in for maintenance and had to be content with a ride in a Cessna Float plane the pilot was a Canadian

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
DON'T give up they are still flying daily in BC and Alaska...we also have a great base at Kenmore, WA where they keep em flying and fly charters and schedules daily!!

Cheers,

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be sure to stop by the flying beaver in Vancouver BC. Great spot to watch beaver

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote