New
Find
Notify
Tools

Welcome To Our Latest Forum
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
As requested, I have created this forum for your enjoyment.

I have a multi-engine, instrument rating. Used to fly both fixed wing and helicopters.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I fix them all.

Posts: 187 | Location: SE Nebraska, USA. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
I fly a lot of them, but airplanes don't autorotate worth a darn.

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 676 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of flylo
posted Hide Post
Any Taylorcraft fans out there? I fly a 1938 BL & I'm building a Tcraft amfibious 160HP floatplane.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 707 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: 20 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My favorite plane is the Beechcraft Model-17 Staggerwing!!!

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
'79 310 cessna with bearcat 310hp 3 blade conversion.... i'm a low hr multi, ifr, like less than 300, but have over 3000 total...started out in a cherokee 140....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2827 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Just what I need, another way to spend more time. At least its cheaper than guns and a lot cheaper than airplanes. It is amazing the cross-over between flying and shooting.
I've been bush flying in Alaska for thirty years and still do a little instructing but mostly just fly for my guiding operation. Super Cubs, Producer and C-180.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4196 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
I'm just a private pilot and putter around in my '66 Cherokee. Great forum addition! thumb thumb

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Commercial, instrument, multi engine.
Favorite birds:
V36 Bonanza
Aero Commander 560E
Piper Aztec
Cessna Turbo 206
Can't afford to fly any longer, and miss it a great deal. Pictures would be nice.....

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I fly a Piaggio Avanti for a living. Ratings are ATP, Commercial, Instrument, Multi-engine.
Typed in the Falcon 200, and the Falcon 10.Have been first officer on Falcon 50, IAI 1121, 1124, Foker F28, and DC-3. Have flown most smaller twins and singles. Also have my Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics ratings. I like guns and hunting and hangout at the local gunshop when not flying. I'm a lucky man!!

Buddy Roberts

Posts: 183 | Location: Bedford, Texas | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buddy Roberts:
I fly a Piaggio Avanti for a living. !

I have never seen a Piaggio up close and personal but am familiar with the design and the aircraft from reading about them. If you ever touch down in Pinetop, AZ, call me for a ride.....I'll buy dinner. thumb

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
Way too much time spent associated with Commercial Aviation - forty plus years with a major sched airline. I guess if you pressed me my all-time favorite airchine would have to be the Douglas DC-8. I love that old bird and when the -61 was converted and upgraded with new avionics, the CFM- powerplants, etc, well, the best just got better. Sad day indeed when I watched them leave.
Oh, did I say I love airplanes?

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed for the new forum - I didn't know you were a pilot.

My ratings: instrument, multi engine.

Have owned and flown:
V36 Bonanza
Beechcraft Baron
Piper Aztec
Piper Turbo Arrow
Presently have Citabria 7kcab (inverted fuel and oil)

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palmer:
Thanks Saeed for the new forum - I didn't know you were a pilot.

My ratings: instrument, multi engine.

Have owned and flown:
V36 Bonanza
Beechcraft Baron
Piper Aztec
Piper Turbo Arrow
Presently have Citabria 7kcab (inverted fuel and oil)

I have a license to fly, a license to dive and a license to drive. Walter says I am just as bad at them as I am at shooting!

He still has not forgiven me when I took him flying for the first time.

We were taxing, and I told him he could taxi the plane - he did not know one has to use his feet to turn with.

He was happily following the centerline of the taxiway - with my feet doing the work. As we got permission to line up and hold, I kept the plane going straight, and him almost tearing the column from its hinges trying to turn the plane - and screaming for help! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello the Campfire:
I just noticed this forum. What a blast. I was flying but my recent heart surgery has stoped that for a while. I would love to try the new sport flying with my medical history. I enjoy the little planes and want to fine oe close that I can talk my way into. I don't need much, a couple of thousand feet and 100 knots and a glorius sunset. Or the endless blue skys of October. Just an old dreamer at heart or was that an old fart?
Judge Sharpe
PS Thanks Saeed for all you do and put up with!!!

Is it safe to let for a 58 year old man run around in the woods unsupervised with a high powered rifle?

One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Thanks you Saeed! Now this forum is like Walmart. One stop shopping and I get my three main interest; Firearms, hunting and Aviation. I really enjoy pictures particularly from the bush weather it be Alaska, Africa or where ever. So if you have them, myself and Im certain everyone else would love to see them! I still have to take time and learn how to post pics.

As for myself, I fly an ag plane for a living. If anyone here ever stops by Yazoo City, you can strap yourself in the back seat and see what its like. I promise not to make you sick cause I damn sure dont want to clean up your vomit!!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
quote:
I promise not to make you sick ....
Yea right.

I will say Kelly is a great guy and one heck of a pilot. If you get a chance to take him up on his offer you will be in for the fly of a life time. It is an unbelievable plane also. Next time I’m over that way I’ll take some pictures and show you how to post them. One from the cockpit intering a cotton patch would be great. Wink

Mississippian's Office thumb

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Retired from the left seat of the 747-200 freighter in 1998. Can't get a physical anymore, but the charter pilot did let me drive the 182 from Dar to the Selous and back last month.

Typed in Catalinas, DC-3's, Hercs, and the Whale. Flew most Cessnas built since the 40's and a lot of other light stuff as well. Favorite aircraft is the Lockheed Hercules, one of the absolutely most versatile aircraft, if not the most versatile, ever built, which I flew on all seven continents and did a heck of a lot of African flying in over the years for various NGO's and private contracters. I've seen Africa at its very worst and very best. No illusions about the continent, but being treated like a visiting fireman in a Buffalo camp is a real contrast to dropping into Mogadishu and hoping that some clown doesn't choose that moment to range his mortar.

Runnerup favorite airplane is the magnificient Beech 18, the wonderful Twin Beech.

If it weren't for Pratt & Whitney and Allison, I wouldn't be wearing two hearing aids.

BTW, a helicopter is accurately defined as a collection of moving parts traveling in the same direction, bent on self destruction. I flew them, also, and I love them, but I love life more.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
Currently flying a B777ER out of Newark, NJ. Also flown the 737-200/300/500/700/800/900, and the 727-200. Also flew the Convair 580, Beech King Air 200,1900, Brasilia EMB-120.
My intention was to fly the bush but got sidetracked along the way. I started airline flying in 1986 and have enjoyed it for the most part. In hindsight, I wished I had chosen a differint kind of flying. The most fun I ever had in the air was flying the C-185! That machine is pure excitement. The Super Cub and Husky are a hell of alot of fun too.
Hunting and flying are a perfect match for each other here in the Rocky Mountains.
A good friend of mine flies a C-130 for the Wyoming Air Guard, that man's brass really clanks! If any aspiring aviators are looking for a thrilling flying career that's where I would point them. The USCG would be a good way to go, too.

JOIN SCI!

Posts: 318 | Location: 40N,105W | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
As requested, I have created this forum for your enjoyment.

I am low-time, single-engine land pilot, currently too broke to keep up medical and bi-annual. Maybe this year...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll fly anthing that's got wings!

Posts: 257 | Location: The Greatest Country on Earth! | Registered: 04 October 2006Reply With Quote