THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS


Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Best Fallow Deer?
 Login/Join
 
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
I hunted in Bulgaria and there were super Fallow where we were (all free range) the price was incredibly low too. Even at the end of the season, we saw great Fallow and I shot a great deer.

I'd love to go back, but I like new experiences.

What European country is known for huge Fallow?
 
Posts: 6199 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best hunting Areas by far for Fallow Deer hunts are in Hungary.
The most famous Areas like Guth in East Hungary and Gyulaj South of the Balaton lake are High Fenced ( Thousands of Hectares)
Trophys can get up to 5,5kg+ there.
The Famous Labod Area is a entirely Free range Area with big Fallow Deer.
Very Big Fallows nowdays the shot also in selected Areas north of the Balaton lake in the rolling oak forest hills with Trophys over 6kg and the are also Free Range there.
Another very good free range Area is on the Border to Romania near the Town of Gyula with Trophys up to 5kg and over.
Accommodation, Food and Hunting in the state forest Areas usually is very Good and Professional with a lot of Hunting Tradition.


Nec Timor Nec Temeritas
 
Posts: 2197 | Registered: 29 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Who would you hunt with there?

I’m looking for a place for a group. Family and some friends. Hungary would check the tourist boxes for the non hunters.
 
Posts: 6199 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Who would you hunt with there?

I’m looking for a place for a group. Family and some friends. Hungary would check the tourist boxes for the non hunters.


PM sent


Nec Timor Nec Temeritas
 
Posts: 2197 | Registered: 29 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I would love to see photos of a 6kg fallow.

Heym500NE shot a 5 kg fallow in Austria on Count Bucher's place.

A friend in Germany shot a 5kg fallow in Romania or Bulgaria.

Both times the price was near 5000 Euros if not more for the trophy fee.
 
Posts: 7580 | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Big trophies = Big € in most of Europe, unfortunately, on a sliding scale by the gram. Looks like a 6kg Fallow would be €15,000 +

It’s the one thing that bothers me since I’m not a billionaire. It’s also the biggest factor in Americans passing up European hunts.

I love Africa, like most of us here, but a good European hunt rivals it in many ways. I want to go back to Bulgaria with some of my family. We had such a great time there and it was very affordable.

I have been to Romania 3 times. Twice for Bear and once to see Metallica. Id love to hunt Roe Deer there, or Stag in the mountains.

I don’t think Americans realize the quality of hunting in Europe.
 
Posts: 6199 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
I would love to see photos of a 6kg fallow.

Heym500NE shot a 5 kg fallow in Austria on Count Bucher's place.

A friend in Germany shot a 5kg fallow in Romania or Bulgaria.

Both times the price was near 5000 Euros if not more for the trophy fee.


This is the newest Hungarian Record List for Fallow Deer http://www.ova.info.hu/trofeab...szarvas-20210930.pdf
Nowhere in Europe you can find better game management for Fallow Deer than in Hungary IMO


Nec Timor Nec Temeritas
 
Posts: 2197 | Registered: 29 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Big trophies = Big € in most of Europe, unfortunately, on a sliding scale by the gram. Looks like a 6kg Fallow would be €15,000 +

It’s the one thing that bothers me since I’m not a billionaire. It’s also the biggest factor in Americans passing up European hunts.

I love Africa, like most of us here, but a good European hunt rivals it in many ways. I want to go back to Bulgaria with some of my family. We had such a great time there and it was very affordable.

I have been to Romania 3 times. Twice for Bear and once to see Metallica. Id love to hunt Roe Deer there, or Stag in the mountains.

I don’t think Americans realize the quality of hunting in Europe.


I agree Wendell
Roe deer rut is one of the best fun and it is in Summer


" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”
 
Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Big trophies = Big € in most of Europe, unfortunately, on a sliding scale by the gram. Looks like a 6kg Fallow would be €15,000 +

It’s the one thing that bothers me since I’m not a billionaire. It’s also the biggest factor in Americans passing up European hunts.

I love Africa, like most of us here, but a good European hunt rivals it in many ways. I want to go back to Bulgaria with some of my family. We had such a great time there and it was very affordable.

I have been to Romania 3 times. Twice for Bear and once to see Metallica. Id love to hunt Roe Deer there, or Stag in the mountains.

I don’t think Americans realize the quality of hunting in Europe.


I agree Wendell
Roe deer rut is one of the best fun and it is in Summer

A Roe Deer Rut is something Special I fully agree


Nec Timor Nec Temeritas
 
Posts: 2197 | Registered: 29 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have only hunted roe deer in Spain and Germany. I didn't get one in Spain, but I have taken a few in Germany.

A guy could have a hell of a time travelling Europe and hunting them, and not cost too much as long as he didn't shoot a huge one in the wrong place.
 
Posts: 7580 | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Big trophies = Big € in most of Europe, unfortunately, on a sliding scale by the gram. Looks like a 6kg Fallow would be €15,000 +


You still game ranch? There are some breeders in Texas that are 6 kg.

Saw it on a game ranching show on youtube the other day.
 
Posts: 7580 | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
https://keeperranch.com/wildli...low-deer/bullwinkle/

I have heard they don't get CWD. Some deer people are saying that Fallo represent the future of game ranching in America for that reason.
 
Posts: 7580 | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
You still game ranch? There are some breeders in Texas that are 6 kg.


Not really. Pulled sections of the fence down by the river. Red deer are still seen occasionally, but they are free to leave.

When I did, I had some serious Fallow. We obviously don’t weigh them here but had a few that were in the 5.5 kg+/- category. Super genetics.

Still have a bunch of Aoudad on the ranch. Looking forward to a hunt in 2 weeks. Love Aoudad. It’s my favorite hunt.
 
Posts: 6199 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
.

Just checked in to our hotel in Heves Hungary today. Five days hunting mouflon starting tomorrow at 06:30 with JaegerFrank. Also a great area for fallow !

Cheers

.


"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"
 
Posts: 1898 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Mihai Igret of FM Cinegetica in western Romania. Admittedly it was not fallow deer but driven boar. However he did invite me over to observe the fallow rut which takes place near where he lives.
Awesome ! You can see videos of it on uTube.
 
Posts: 434 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hungary has the biggest free fallow deer in my humble opinion.
Romania has some nice fallows. Many other countries have nice fallow as well, like Italy, Germany, Bulgaria etc.
But if you are looking to find a crazy big fallow your best bet is Hungary still.


http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris
 
Posts: 1875 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I shot fallow last year that had main beams 72 cm
I thought that was pretty good deer
Didn’t weight him, maybe I will in Spring when I go back


" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”
 
Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caracal:
Hungary has the biggest free fallow deer in my humble opinion.
Romania has some nice fallows. Many other countries have nice fallow as well, like Italy, Germany, Bulgaria etc.
But if you are looking to find a crazy big fallow your best bet is Hungary still.


+1


Nec Timor Nec Temeritas
 
Posts: 2197 | Registered: 29 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It true that Hungarian fallows may reach incredible heights in both, weight and price.
However, a regular 4 kg trophy is almost as beatiful as a 6 kg (just a bit smaller) and the price is more affordable.
 
Posts: 88 | Registered: 11 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
we have great fallow deer hunts in Hungary if anyone is interested.


Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

SCI Booth 1751 (Las Vegas 19th to 22nd January, 2022)
Western Hunting and Conservation Expo Booth 444 (Utah 10th to 13th February)
 
Posts: 2306 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
.

Europe as said you have to go with Hungary. However big heads = big bucks.

Hidden jewel IMO for fallow is RSA. You can hunt big bucks for little money
with real chances of 4 kg plus heads. I will hunt fallow again in RSA. Great fun taking a big fallow in Africa ! Something different to say the least !

Adrian Salter of Adroda Safaris has good ground for fallow. Have hunted with him many times.

Cheers.

.


"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"
 
Posts: 1898 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
.

A couple of RSA fallow -





.


"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"
 
Posts: 1898 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
We have Free Range Fallow in NZ that will go 4Kg & much bigger in Hunting Estates, I was Culling to waste last year & shot a 4kg Buck, no only did he cost nothing I was getting paid, also loads of great Boars !

Found two other huge Bucks dead with their antlers locked together.

It has gone crazy here last 25yrs with both Danish & Hungarian blood lines let loose all over !
 
Posts: 435 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
England has huge fallow at good prices but behind wire otherwise for free range then
Hungary has it for sure but a really big buck will cost 5000€+

If I knew how to post pics from my phone whilst using this I’d show some
 
Posts: 596 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:
.

Just checked in to our hotel in Heves Hungary today. Five days hunting mouflon starting tomorrow at 06:30 with JaegerFrank. Also a great area for fallow !

Cheers
.


Say "Hi" to JaegerFrank for me, I haven't seen him on here in a while. I shared a camp with him and his wife for one night in Zimbabwe but it was the night after I had stayed up all night worrying about my wounded Buffalo so I wasn't good company.


As soon as we finish moving across the country and I get settled on the farm, I'm going to hunt Eastern Europe. I don't know yet if it's going to be deer or maybe bear with Caracal in Estonia


Frank



"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

 
Posts: 12216 | Location: Bakersfield CA. USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I have hunted Romania twice and Bulgaria once. I put it up there at the top of the list of great hunts I have experienced. Went to Poland a couple years ago and vowed to return with my rifle. Unfortunately, some of Eastern Europe is just unstable enough now that I’ll probably wait to plan a return. I’m sure it’s business as usual there, but it’s a sudden change I fear could sack my plans.
 
Posts: 6199 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
  Powered by Social Strata  
 


Copyright December 1997-2022 Accuratereloading.com


Visit our on-line store for AR Memorabilia