New
Find
Notify
Tools

UK Blaser agent
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have just noticed that Alan Rhone say they are no longer going to be the UK Blaser agent. This is a pity as I've always had good service from them.

Does anyone know who is going to take over?

I know Blaser recently had a re-org in the US after lots of bad press about customer service. Does anyone know why they are making changes in the UK or what the plan might be? Also this is something worth considering if you were looking to buy a Blaser rifle as you want some support here rather than having to post the rifle to Germany to have someone work on it so worth bearing that in mind at least in the short term if you are thinking about buying a Blaser.

one of us
posted Hide Post
cao,

Good query, I've send such inquiries directly to www.Blaser.com and received timely responses.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Hi

I met Rupert Haynes back in February 2009 and he told me at the time that I should hold off buying anything blaser since he was going to meet them about being their agent for UK.

Perhaps he got the distributorship ?

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey London, how is Rupert? I not seen him for a while now

Posts: 203 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
He seems fine

very confident about business despite the present climate

I also told a porky in the last thread.

I actually saw him again since february at the CLA and he was pushing the timberwolf rifles....

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Just spoke to Alan

He is still the Blaser distributor as of this moment however this will cease towards the end of this year. The actual date has not been set yet. The decidion according to him is Blaser in Germany and they are not happy about the sale of F3 and not the rifle side. No mention of who is taking over .................

PS he is still a good buddy and a dam good trap shooter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As per Gerry's suggestion I dropped Blaser an email at the end of last week and it will be interesting to see what the reply is.

I know Blaser seem keen on the F3 at the minute but I hope they are not going to abandon those of us who have their rifles and appoint a dealer who is only really interested in the shotgun side of things. In doing that they could screw up with both the rifle and the shotgun.

Either way still something worth watching if you are thinking of buying a Blaser at the minute. They might be nice rifles but you need good dealer support as the official agents are about the only people who can/will work on them.

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Gerry will probably guide us here.

I am in the market for a set of 25mm rings to change my scope to a smaller one.

I have just learned that APEL in Germany makes a cheaper aftermarket mounts to fit Blaser saddle design at half the price ...........

Anybody have any experience and reliability fo these mounts?

After last week on the hills in Scotland
I am swapping my scope to a 7 x 50 zeiss

One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by londonhunter:

I have just learned that APEL in Germany makes a cheaper aftermarket mounts to fit Blaser saddle design at half the price ...........

Ben, I noticed that myself recently. I have not seen a set, but I can only say that Apel don't make bad mounts.

The price pf components is one thing that has kept me away from an R93. Saddle mounts are what, £350? You can buy a whole Howa rifle for £500! Wink

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
quote:

Have a look at the German made MAK mounts from Kilic. As good as APEL (or better) but cheaper.

Kilic mounts

B.Martins

What every gun needs, apart from calibre, is a good shot and hunter behind it. - José Pardal

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know if there is an agent here in the UK for these mounts ?
Please

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
HAHA

Guess what Alan Rhone is the agent for these mounts and I was right Blaser UK will be with Rupert by the end of the year. He is a good guy keen rifle shooter (more rifle than shotgun) so we will be fine.

His favourite calibers are 222 and 300 WSM