New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chamois and roebuck in Italy
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can someone recommend a hunting guide in the Cortina d'Ampezzo area? I've been through the area three times on my bicycle and once more cross country skiing and I just love it. My lady thinks we should take a hunting trip. How can I argue with that?

Posts: 276 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
hy Johnd
Hello here is a reference for hunting chamois in Italy , the only downside is far from Cortina , is in Aosta Valley
I can tell you that are placed absolutely fantastic, beautiful nature, a beautiful natural park Parco del Gran Paradiso " Personally I do not know the PH but I know that the pH is in the SCI Italian Chapter
" " We have the opportunity to offer a hunting chamois in the Aosta Valley in a private company with over 4000 acres bordering the park of Gran Paradiso. The place is very charming , and especially in some periods , it requires a good physical shape because of the difficulty of the territory. Pets are present in great abundance , so much so that we included a formula of "insurance " in case the hunter does not have the chance to shoot.

All information in the Annex, I would ask you kindly if I could run it between the shareholders In the event that someone might be interested in since the season ended in late November. " "

Thank you and see you soon!

Leo

World Hunting Society S.r.l.
Via A. Once 3-10121 Turin
P.Iva 10897470018
Mobile : +39 349 1610671
E-Mail: leone.rossi @ worldhunting.com

Bernardo

double??? troubles !
9.3x74 r Merkel Mod 140

Posts: 16 | Location: Florence Italy | Registered: 31 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grazie, Leo. I will keep it in mind as we make our plans.

Posts: 276 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish it is not too late.

Get in touch with Mr. Santer, owner of the "Romantic Hotel Santer" in Dobbiaco-Toblach (about 20 mi. North of Cortina)

Email address info@hotel-santer.com

Mr. Santer owns a beautiful private hunting reserve near Braies-Prags rich with chamois and roes.

I suggest you take with you a copy of your insurance but leave your firearms home and borrow the rifle from the guide. According to the Italian laws a European (from the Union) can legally hunt in Italy provided that he/she has a European licence (Union) and an insurance. I bet a beer that your licence (if any) is not valid in this country.

Please let me know how it is going.
Cheers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi JohnD,

I am curious to know whether you succeeded in booking you hunt. Cheers

one of us
posted Hide Post
ofbiro,
I am trying to book a chamois hunt in the Dolomites, and was wondering if you could give me a hand.
thank you!

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Montero, I am afraid it is late. Chamois is going to close on Dec. 15, anyway try to get in touch with Santer Hotel.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, ofbiro, I am planning for November 2015.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not know whether you have chamois experience or not.
Please consider that chamois ruts in November, therefore the bucks are running everywhere, looking for available does and driving away potential rivals. Moreover, in November they are dark in the winter livery and the "beard" (i.e. the mane) is long. On the other hand November could be cold and snowy or milder and very wet and foggy. In October the weather can (not always) be drier and warmer, sometimes with a beautiful Indian Summer. Better you ask Mr. Santer advice for the time. In August-September you may have all possible weather (from awful to splendid). Chamois are brown in summer livery. It is the best time for shooting does, as the kids stay close to the mothers and it is easier to decide wheter a doe has a kid or not. Ask Mr. Santer advice and then toss a coin to decide.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have hunted them a bit here and there, and November is my favourite time of the year.
Their cape is absolutely beautiful and most of the time therewill be snow in the mountains, making for a breathtaking scenery.
The animals are specially beautiful during the rut, with all the hair on their back standing up, and it is grat fun to see them chasing each other.
I love it.
I hunt them every year.
I wanted to post the pictures of the three I have hunted this November, one from the Pyrynees and two from the Alpes, but I have them in my iPhone and am having problems downloading them to my computer, If you want to see them I would email them to you and you can post them for me.
Regards,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not a computer scientist, better you ask someone younger and smarter. Anyway, I am ansious to see your pictures, specially those taken in the Pyrenees. Send them me with a PM.

One of Us
Picture of huntromania
posted Hide Post
Montero,
you can email the pictures to me and I will post them here for you. I love chamois!

Ing. MARIUS VICTOR MERUȚIU
Owner
HUNTROMANIA
contact@huntromania.com
Cell phone +40745280573

Posts: 286 | Location: Romania | Registered: 26 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
but I need your email...

One of Us
Picture of huntromania
posted Hide Post
Sorry,
contact@huntromania.com

Owner
HUNTROMANIA
contact@huntromania.com
Cell phone +40745280573

One of Us
Picture of huntromania
posted Hide Post
Enjoy!

Owner
HUNTROMANIA
contact@huntromania.com
Cell phone +40745280573

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Happy you succeeded in posting those great pictures.
Where did you get them? All in the Pyrenees?

one of us
posted Hide Post
No, no, only the one in the middle picture is from the Pyrynees... tHe other two are from the Alps.

They are different animals, diferent cape with those yellowish marks along the neck and a more brown body in the Pyrynean chamopis, while the Alpine is all black except for the yellow markings in the face.

Body-wise, and trophy-wise too, the Rupicapra rupicapra pyrenaica is smaller than it cousin form the Alps, the Rupicapra rupicapra alpina.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another suggestion: get in touch with Günther Schwingshackl, owner of the Edelweiss Hotel in Prags/Braies. See the hotel site www.hoteledelweiss.info or write him at office@hoteledelweiss.info.
The site (in German, Italian and English) describes the hotel and declares that Günther (hunter and fisher) is the president of the local club and that he has hunting rights in Austria, not too far.
The village is highly picturesque, in an area suitable for family holydays, either in summer (fishing in a nearby lake, walking on the mountains) or in winter (skiing, walking with snow shoes).
Further info and comments available through tripadvisor.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am wondering whether you succeeded in culling chamois and roe. Please let us know.
Cheers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Legally speaking is pratically impossible, for a stranger, hunt in Italy. Any hunt in Italy where the hunter is not Italian is basically poaching, also if in enclosure and private property. For hunt in Italy one need Italian hunting licence and is a hard and time consuming thing also for a Italian citizen or a EU citizen resident in Italy. A not Eu citizen without residence in Italy for what Iknow can't make the license anyway.

D.V.M.

Posts: 179 | Location: Italy | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote