New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where for Roebuck?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I would appreciate any recommendations for roebuck hunting. I realize that covers a lot of ground. The hunt will be part of a vacation with the wife, so a location with interesting sights and where it's easy for an English speaking tourist to get along. The first place to come to mind is the UK, England and Scotland. I know the rest of Europe has some great roebuck hunting & plenty of sights to see, but don't know, for example, how easy it would be to get around in Poland without speaking Polish.

I'm open to just about anywhere and would appreciate names and contacts of those who put together a hunt.

Thanks for your help.

Posts: 474 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hiya,

We have some great roe buck hunting available in the Scottish borders. Plenty of deer about and the opportunity to hunt several deer with no trophy fees. We had three guys shoot 8 bucks in two days last week, and they saw plenty more.

Drop me a PM with your number if you would like me to give you a call and talk you through the options.

Best regards,
Kiri

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
John Robson, Yorkshire Deer Stalking. Probably takes 120 roe buck with clients every year.

Worth looking at his web site.

Cheers

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger,

I have conducted business with you and Kiri. I guarantee that he will provide excellent service and a great hunt. I'm headed back over this fall to chase stags with him again. Kiri- treat Roger well- he is a fine gunsmith and gentleman.

Chad

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for your recommendations and to those who PM'd with suggestions. All have been very helpful. The trouble will now be trying to decide among so many good alternatives.
Roger

Posts: 474 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally I think France offers one of the best roe buck hunts if compare quality and price. Romania is great too.
If you need more info send me a pm.I am happy to help.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My personal recommendation is England or Croatia.
Plenty of sights, history, great food, etc.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote