Find
Notify
Tools

Foxpro: Presets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I got my self a FoxPro Crossfire.

It came with 75 calls, but I bought a bunch more.

Got the new sounds programmed on it. No problem. Then I built a 'cheat sheet', with all the calls colour coded, separated-categorized etc, then laminated it. Kinda like the play sheets you see NFL coaches carrying.

I really like everything about the caller so far, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how you're supposed to program Preset call lists.

I've read the instructions that FoxPro provides, but they baffle me.

Anybody out there that can explain how you do it?

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From FoxPro customer service rep:

"Jim,

There's not a video, but I can try to write out the instructions a bit differently than the manual to see if that helps. The TX505 remote is capable of holding 10 presets. Each preset is comprised of a sound number and a volume level. Each of the presets is represented by the numeric keypad from 0-9. To enter "preset playback mode" you would first push the "PRESET" button the right side of the remote control and then push one of the buttons (0-9) on the keypad to start a particular preset. The "P1" and "P2" buttons allow you to quickly activate the first two preset sounds without first pushing the "PRESET" button to change into "preset playback mode."
To begin, turn on the TX505 remote control only. Next, push and hold the "PRESET" button for about 4-5 seconds. You should notice the top line of the remote control switches to a black highlight and displays "SET SND/VOL PRESS 0-9".
Use the selector knob to position the black highlight bar over top of the sound you want to use for your present. Do not push down on the knob, you only need to highlight the sound.
Use the volume up arrow button to increase your volume level to the desired level. You are only going to see the volume level rise on the screen; you will not be hearing anything.
Now that the sound is highlighted and the volume level is set, push down on the selector knob a single time. Finally, push the number on the keypad that you wish to assign with this sound and volume level. After doing this, the top line of the remote should then say "PRESET MODE PUSH 0-9".
This same process can be repeated for the remaining the presets."

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
push and hold the "PRESET" button for about 4-5 seconds. You should notice the top line of the remote control switches to a black highlight and displays "SET SND/VOL PRESS 0-9". Use the selector knob to position the black highlight bar over top of the sound you want to use for your present. Do not push down on the knob, you only need to highlight the sound.Use the volume up arrow button to increase your volume level to the desired level. You are only going to see the volume level rise on the screen; you will not be hearing anything.Now that the sound is highlighted and the volume level is set, push down on the selector knob a single time. Finally, push the number on the keypad that you wish to assign with this sound and volume level. After doing this, the top line of the remote should then say "PRESET MODE PUSH 0-9". This same process can be repeated for the remaining the presets."

One little detail in that instruction that they fail to give; it should say, "... finally, push down and hold the number for 2-3 seconds on the keypad that you wish to assign with this sound and volume level."

I managed to get several presets programmed on the remote, but then I downloaded some more calls. When I did, I reorganized the calls, so the number I had the preset for, no longer jived with the call that I wanted.

Whenever I went to change it to the desired call, the damn thing would just play the previously programmed preset.

What the heck!?

Then my buddy said maybe it's like setting a channel on the vehicle radio, where you hold the button for about 3 seconds?

Bingo! As soon as I did that it worked.

Such a simple thing, but it drove me crazy!