New
Find
Notify
Tools

vha is done for
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
just found out that the varmint hunters organization and their magazine has closed shop

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that Ned Kalbfleisch (sp?) and Co.?

He was in OK, somehow assumed control of the Assn, and then shortly thereafter moved to Sturgis.

He owned three Fia Brasilero dogs. He got a visit from the DEA (iirc) just before the move. Something to do with a Judge who had somehow removed a firearm from an evidence locker or such and loaned it to Ned. The DEA, according to the story Ned told me over the phone came in three helicopters to his "Compound" (his words) searching for said firearm.

According to the K-9 officer on our PD, judges will issue a probably cause search warrant on alleged drug dealers simply because the person of interest owns one of these dogs. They were bred in Brasil to chase down and kill runaway slaves. The most territorial animal on earth.

Funny story, I am out jogging with the officer and his Giant Airedale one afternoon, and mention that a magazine I started writing fors' owner had three at his house. He looks over at me, and says "the guy is a drug dealer, and not a street level one either...".

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
he started it. but escaped before anybody could use him for a target. the reborgs had it for years. it was one of the best shooting magazines out there

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
DAMN! And I was trying to get my 1,000 yd patch this summer. Already have my 500 yarder with three kills at just over 700yds.

Now with this and Precision Shooting gone, I may have to revert to an educational magazine like Playboy.
Whistling

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ha!

You want a real "educational" magazine, get a sub to Penthouse (are they still around?)

I saw one issue and it had some amazing stories/interviews/photography and bylines...

Either that, or buy a full-coverage photo book layout of the Taj Mahal.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Nah, at my age I might suffer a "hard" attack and all that blood leaving my brain might cause a stroke.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Knew things smelled bad when he threw that coordinator in OH out... Man works for stated purpose only to be tossed....

Real hoot on web site. He said he tied up 600K in the operation and anyone who would give him 600K could take over! His wife was editrix of the mag. Didn't say if she stayed...

Oh wellllllll

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
prof242 - That condition is call a Zeener. If left unckecked it can lead to a fatal condition called a Noreltney. When a Zeener becomes so bad that it explodes, that is a Noreltney. Men have been forced to endure the horrors of Zeeners and Noreltneys since the beginning of time.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prof242:
DAMN! And I was trying to get my 1,000 yd patch this summer. Already have my 500 yarder with three kills at just over 700yds.

Now with this and Precision Shooting gone, I may have to revert to an educational magazine like Playboy.
Whistling

Playboy announced today that they are removing all nudity from their magazine by March of 2016.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If they do, the April issue will be the last one they publish, and they won't be "foolin'..."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not many of the younger generation of shooters are interested in accuracy. Most just want to shoot fast and misses are perfectly acceptable.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote