Find
Notify
Tools

Spider 1 - VarmintGuy 0!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
VG, We stopped in Dillon for fuel! Not lots around there yet. I like it in that area, reminds me of home when I was a kid.
I saw a really nice Buck Antelope just north of there that was beautiful! He'd have probably been close to 15" but so perfect that he'd have had to go on any wall.

I was suffering culture shock in Mt.! Most of the folks I talked with were from someplace else. Most everyone was very pleasant ( biggest shock of all), and loved the small towns. It looks like I could do without Missoula though, what happend?! It's about 10 times bigger than I remember.

All said I'm jelous of the boy! With all the hunting and fishing around I don't know how I'd get any studying done if I were him! Big Grin Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Nate: Yes, it was just extensively published from the recent 2,005 census (every ten years on the 5's they do a different version of the major every ten years on the tens census) where they discovered that 64% of the people now living in Montana were born in another state!
The major trend in most of the state (rural areas) is that everyones children leave at age 18 to 21 for the coasts and the people that move here (from the coasts) are partially or permanently retired. This trend is a little less pronounced in the few larger urban areas of Montana.
Yes this has been a great year for both Antelope and for the Buck Antelope growing good horns here in SW Montana!
Season is coming soon and I can't wait!
My friend the local Gunsmith got a dandy Antelope a few years back by simply driving to our local public Rifle range (about 4 miles from I-15) and waiting for a Buck he had been seeing walked through the Rifle range from the BLM land surrounding it (he could have Hunted the BLM land but could not have driven on it!). He harvested the Buck drove up to it took it home (5 miles) and gutted it while it was hanging from a tree in his back yard!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
So hows the foot?
When's the hunt?, and are you walking in boots with it yet?
My son said it was snowing last night. It would be tough to keep the foot warm if you can't put it in boots yet! Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote