New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rats
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Spent last week traveling to and from Burns,OR to shoot sage rats with Tim Titus and No Off Season. Took 3 Centerfire's and a HMR, shot approx. 2050 rounds. Had a great trip and ready to go back next year for more.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My hunting/shooting buddy and I went to Klamath Falls (for the second time) a few weeks ago.

We used Roe Outfitters, and in 2 days each of us must have shot 500 squeaks, even though, by chance, the wind was very bad on the first day. I'm guessing that it seldom dropped below 15 mph w/gusts to ~40mph.

The second day it was very cold but with wind varying, I guess, between nothing to 20mph. I don't think we made a dent in the population, and the farmer whose land we shot welcomed "responsible shooters" with open arms.

Longest shot perhaps 200 yards, closest, perhaps 15 feet.

We're going back next year too.

Most fun you can have with your cloths on.

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
I had a great trip even though I only shot about 1500 rounds between 3 guns. I was more than impressed with the performance of my Cooper 21 in Tac20, AKA the Giggle Stick AKA the Meat Grinder.

Thanks Gale.

And thanks Tim for allowing me to have a little long range fun with your 243AI and putting us in thick rats.

The high point for me was witnessing the rat's revenge as they ganged up on Gale and tried to rush him… Priceless...
Already looking forward to next year!

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1214 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds great, I'm jealous

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Burns, Oregon!?!?

Were you shooting next to the highway outside of Hines?

one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gale Johnson:
Spent last week traveling to and from Burns,OR to shoot sage rats with Tim Titus and No Off Season. Took 3 Centerfire's and a HMR, shot approx. 2050 rounds. Had a great trip and ready to go back next year for more.

What!?! No PD's around Imperial anymore? I did hear they're pretty scarce around my home
town of Stratton. When I was a kid there were many pd towns where there are now none. Frowner

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DannoBoone:
quote:
Originally posted by Gale Johnson:

What!?! No PD's around Imperial anymore? I did hear they're pretty scarce around my home
town of Stratton. When I was a kid there were many pd towns where there are now none. Frowner

We have some PD's, there are a few around Stratton, they are kind of scattered everywhere in small area's. The sage rats are a lot different shooting experience.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote