Notify
Tools

.22-6 AI
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/901326100

It’s a tempting deal, but I don’t shoot varmints unless targets of opportunity. I still don’t get why 10lbs, but likely very barrel heavy. I know it’s a reloader gun. Is it a good caliber?

My father has what he calls a 6-22 and others have said it’s a .22 something TTH (Texas Trophy Hunters). Any ideas of these are the same?

I’m dumb with these and know my Kimber Varmint in .204 will do the job if I get into such things.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
had one once - super duper bore burner - big time overbore ear blaster supreme

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shoot a 22-250AI with a fast twist barrel so I can shoot 80 grain bullets. Damn awesome for looooong varminting and gong ringing.
My buddy uses a 22-243 AI for the same purpose and that's even more than that wildcat built on the 6mm Rem improved case.
Quit shooting when the barrel gets warm (shoot another gun for awhile) and it's surprising how many rounds you can get down the tube before she's burned out.
These type cartridges are NOT for everyone. I guess that's just one of the many reason I dig them so much.

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Marcus, the 224 TTH (Texas Trophy Hunter) was made using a 6MM case but in all actuality it is nothing more than a 22-250 AI 40 deg. I read an article on it in TTH magazine about 15 years ago. Zeke, I did the same as I bought into a lot of 80 G. Sierra's a few years ago. I used a 1/6 twist.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Marcus, the 224 TTH (Texas Trophy Hunter) was made using a 6MM case but in all actuality it is nothing more than a 22-250 AI 40 deg. I read an article on it in TTH magazine about 15 years ago. Zeke, I did the same as I bought into a lot of 80 G. Sierra's a few years ago. I used a 1/6 twist.

Perfect!

I agree, nothing about the 22-6mmAI should scare someone off unless they don't reload.
Sounds like a freakin' sweet round!
Zeke

one of us
posted Hide Post
Very similar to the 224 Clarke. - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote