Find
Notify
Tools

global warming
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in
some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce
Department yesterday from Consulate at Bergen Norway.
Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in
climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone.
Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes.
Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm.
Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report
continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.
Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast
shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far
north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.
Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coastal cities uninhabitable.
I must apologize……
I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922, as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post - 93 years ago....
This must have been caused by the Model T Ford's emissions or possibly from horse and cattle flatulence?????

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
popcorn

one of us
posted Hide Post
coffee

one of us
posted Hide Post
nilly

one of us
posted Hide Post
Whistling

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tasco 74:
nilly

space

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's-27 here this morning. good thing I plugged the truck in. Smiler

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
The alarmists would say that 27 below in early December is just "local weather." But, if it were an unusually warm day they'd say it's irrefutable proof of global warming.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glacial moraine isn't all bad, after all The northern half of Long Island NY is glacial moraine.. Eeker
Wait if we got rid of that moraine was removed ,wouldn't that make NY a better state??? faint

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep!

Despite that, it is 21-degrees here, and we have six inches of fresh snow in my front yard.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Yep!

Despite that, it is 21-degrees here, and we have six inches of fresh snow in my front yard.

How much in the back yard? Roll Eyes

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got an email from a Canadian friend. Ottawa will being adding a Global Warming TAX soon !!
cuckoo

One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just got an email from a Canadian friend. Ottawa will being adding a Global Warming TAX soon !!

That's the whole purpose behind the global warming scam. Just a means to transfer wealth.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigasanelk:

That's the whole purpose behind the global warming scam. Just a means to transfer wealth.

Absolutely the main game.

Whether others recognise the real nature of the game is another thing.

Posts: 493 | Registered: 01 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Was surprised today to read reindeer are apparently shrinking, due to Climate Change. No, not the population, the animals. Big Grin

http://nypost.com/2016/12/13/r...e-of-climate-change/

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Global warning tax indeed. Down here Travis county has instated a view tax. Can you believe that? If you have a view you get taxed + as yet no knows you constitutes what as a view.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Global warning tax indeed. Down here Travis county has instated a view tax. Can you believe that? If you have a view you get taxed + as yet no knows you constitutes what as a view.
Confused bsflag faint

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And what happens if the view changes?
Buildings, windmills, gravel pit etc?

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
"global warming"

Havent you heard? It is now called "Climate change".. Because the claims of "Global Warming" have been proven to be bsflag.. Kind of like someone changing the rules of a card game because they are losing.. coffee

Posts: 10135 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigasanelk:

Yep.. Wealth and control. They say Green, I see Red! It was interesting to me to discover that Nikita Kruschev moved to San Fran Sicko and took up the torch of "Environmentalism". Kind of speaks volumes IMO.

Posts: 10135 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I first realized this winter in Idaho!! homer this worst winter Ive seen in decades, or ever for that matter.

moon to the whining far left Democrats..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
Glacial moraine isn't all bad, after all The northern half of Long Island NY is glacial moraine.. Eeker
Wait if we got rid of that moraine was removed ,wouldn't that make NY a better state??? faint

Without glacial moraine, we wouldn't have gravel pits. Wink

Grizz

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
JJB,that is true;from my CPA.Don't believe it you don't want to;I could'nt care less.There are a lot of BS laws out there now but just because it sounds stupid does'nt mean it does'nt exist.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
no no... you misunderstood me NC.... i'm over 60 and like most of us here have come across too many B S laws...... the country is full of B S laws........ and in seems the gov tries to TAX EVERYTHING.........................................

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Glad to see so many of you are scientific experts in this subject.

Whatever your opinion of climate change what cannot be denied is that the Co2 concentration in the atmosphere is rapidly increasing. This affects our oceans.

Whilst it is not the only cause its so profoundly depressing to see dead and dying coral reefs when i go off diving to warmer climes. Cutting back the amount of Co2 we belch into the air would be no bad thing.

Posts: 7162 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am constantly amazed at the number of folks who deny GW, apparently because they see it as some kind of liberal plot. It's here, that's a fact. Whether we, mankind, can do anything to ameliorate the consequences and what and how that may be is the only rational basis for discussion.

When you have a system so enormously complicated as that of the weather on Earth, there will be many anomalies, but the trend is clear and, if even the most moderate predictions are correct, we will spend trillions of dollars combating sea rise on our coast, storm damages, etc. Could lowering CO2 emission help. Maybe, but compared to not doing anything, it is cheap insurance.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's here, that's a fact.

rotflmo animal rotflmo cuckoo 2020

Posts: 17552 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: 23 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not trying to get into an argument with anyone over this, but the opening post referred to one tiny area of Norway. It seems to me, more than most issues, that people don't want to see the facts.

See the below for a more balanced discussion of the issue:

GW

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could lowering CO2 emission help. Maybe, but compared to not doing anything, it is cheap insurance.

I cannot understand how any rational person can come to any other conclusion than this.

Posts: 7162 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has been estimated that the cost to reduce global temperatures by three tenths of one degree by the end of the century will cost the global economy over $100 trillion dollars.

If that strikes anyone as "rational", I beg to differ...

coffee

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who estimated it? Source?

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is this cool thing called Google...

http://canadafreepress.com/art...on-to-have-no-impact

Got any other questions that Google can answer? Ask here - www.google.com

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I am constantly amazed at the number of folks who deny GW, apparently because they see it as some kind of liberal plot. It's here, that's a fact. Whether we, mankind, can do anything to ameliorate the consequences and what and how that may be is the only rational basis for discussion.

When you have a system so enormously complicated as that of the weather on Earth, there will be many anomalies, but the trend is clear and, if even the most moderate predictions are correct, we will spend trillions of dollars combating sea rise on our coast, storm damages, etc. Could lowering CO2 emission help. Maybe, but compared to not doing anything, it is cheap insurance.

Read my by line,directly below. Smiler

Grizz

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
It has been estimated that the cost to reduce global temperatures by three tenths of one degree by the end of the century will cost the global economy over $100 trillion dollars.

If that strikes anyone as "rational", I beg to differ...

coffee

100 trillion (assuming it is correct) to the world economy over the next 80+ years don't seem so bad. Your debt alone is 20tn now. Set that against the costs of coastal defences and increased build costs over the next 80 years.

There is also an opportunity there to whoever makes solar panels or hydro systems.

Then again that would mean the denier lobby would see its gravy train ended.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Riiiight $100 Trillion for an insignificant inconsequential reduction in global warming (they think) isn't so bad. This is coming from the same crew that cannot accurately predict future warming and cannot account for the 16 year the grand global warming stall.

You have a whole bunch of unfounded, unsupported confidence in folks who cannot tell you the weather tomorrow.

Good luck with all that. Let me know how it all turns out.

tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
There is this cool thing called Google...

http://canadafreepress.com/art...on-to-have-no-impact

Got any other questions that Google can answer? Ask here - www.google.com

Yeah, a monkey can apparently use google, but you have to read and understand what comes up.

Your quote was referring to the Obama-Paris Treaty. Read a little further, if you can and you will find.....

quote:
The Paris Agreement is the wrong solution to a real problem. The right solution will most
likely be found through green-energy research and development, like that promoted by Bill
Gates and the Breakthrough Coalition. Mr. Gates has announced that private investors are
committing $7 billion for clean energy R&D.
Instead of political hot air and ever-larger government subsidies of today’s inefficient green
technologies, those who want to combat climate change should focus on dramatically boosting
green energy innovation.
The U.S. already shows the way. With its pursuit of fracking, making it safer and more efficient
every year, America has drastically reduced the cost of natural gas. This momentous switch
from coal to lower-CO2 gas as a source of energy has done far more to drive down carbondioxide
emissions than any recent government climate policy.
Turns out that those politicians who gathered in Paris, France, could learn a lot from Paris,
Texas.

See, he doesn't deny GW, nor does he deny we need to take steps, he just doesn't agree with the Paris Treaty's approach. Try to read and comprehend, otherwise, as in this instance, you just look plain stupid.

In addition his very superficial analysis of the Paris Treaty costs are simply projected as the same for every year going forward, not allowing for technology, etc. That's the same as predicting in 1900 that by 2000 we would all be covered in horse shit because of the billions of horses we'd need for the population to get around.

I am not trying to convince you, I don't think you're capable of changing a position set in stone, that is, your mind. So you believe what you know and as Reagan said, "It ain't what we don't know that's the problem, it's what we know that ain't so." (maybe not an exact quote, but perhaps you'll get the idea)

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will change my mind when you or the climate "scientists" provide the proof of AGW and then show accurate model predictions of global warming based on a correlation of CO2 (or whatever gas emission you choose) over a period of 5 years.

Funny thing is, with all our data processing capabilities and "irrefutable" evidence of AGW, there are no accurate climate models. In fact, most models overestimated the increase in global warming by 3 degrees or more. And now with the 16 year AGW pause, the climate "scientists" still cannot come up with an reasonable explanation other than the oceans ate it.

You might find it interesting that many scientists looking back through historical risis in temperatures and CO2 production have repeatedly shown that the rise in global temperatures precedes the rise in CO2 by up to 1000 years. So the correlation is inverse to what the AGW "scientists" state. Probably why their climate models don't work.

You can believe what you want all you want, but the rest of us will wait for the real scientific evidence of AGW. But if you want to do your part, sell your car and walk or just hold your breath for 20 minutes.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
16 year AGW pause

I repeat my above assessment, to wit, "you just look plain stupid".

I'm going to quit discussing this with you because your mind is apparently incapable of getting by "all them damn liberal scientists are doing this for the money". Yep, all 97% of them.

But, I live in Texas and the US and if you think there has been a GW "pause" around here in the last 15 years, well, I refer to my above assessment.

quote:
Global Temperatures
The State of the Climate November 2015 report noted that in order for 2015 to not become the warmest year in the 136-year period of record, the December global temperature would have to be at least 0.81°C (1.46°F) below the 20th century average—or 0.24°C (0.43°F) colder than the current record low December temperature of 1916. In fact, December 2015 was the warmest month of any month in the period of record, at 1.11°C (2.00°F) higher than the monthly average, breaking the previous all-time record set just two months ago in October 2015 by 0.12°C (0.21°F). This is the first time in the NOAA record that a monthly temperature departure from average exceeded 1°C or reached 2°F and the second widest margin by which an all-time monthly global temperature record has been broken. (February 1998 broke the previous record of March 1990 by 0.13°C / 0.23°F.)

With the contribution of such record warmth at year's end and with 10 months of the year record warm for their respective months, including the last 8 (January was second warmest for January and April was third warmest), the average global temperature across land and ocean surface areas for 2015 was 0.90°C (1.62°F) above the 20th century average of 13.9°C (57.0°F), beating the previous record warmth of 2014 by 0.16°C (0.29°F). This is not only the highest calendar year temperature, but also the highest temperature for any 12-month period on record. The global temperatures in 2015 were strongly influenced by strong El Niño conditions that developed during the year.

The 2015 temperature also marks the largest margin by which an annual temperature record has been broken. Prior to this year, the largest margin occurred in 1998, when the annual temperature surpassed the record set in 1997 by 0.12°C (0.22°F). Incidentally, 1997 and 1998 were the last years in which a similarly strong El Niño was occurring. The annual temperature anomalies for 1997 and 1998 were 0.51°C (0.92°F) and 0.63°C (1.13°F), respectively, above the 20th century average, both well below the 2015 temperature departure.

This marks the fourth time in the 21st century a new record high annual temperature has been set (along with 2005, 2010, and 2014) and also marks the 39th consecutive year (since 1977) that the annual temperature has been above the 20th century average. To date, including 2015, 15 of the 16 warmest years on record have occurred during the 21st century. 1998 is currently tied with 2009 as the sixth warmest year on record.

Overall, the global annual temperature has increased at an average rate of 0.07°C (0.13°F) per decade since 1880 and at an average rate of 0.17°C (0.31°F) per decade since 1970.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speaking of stupid, you should actually research that 97% of scientists claim. The statement was shot apart several years ago.

It's apparent that you have just accepted the nonsense and haven't bothered to actually read the research and comprehend that money and politics are driving the research. Find any other area of real scientific research that is so heavily influenced by power brokers, international funds, and political agendas - just try. The last time that happened was when the tobacco lobby altered the research to support their claims that tobacco was harmless. There's a whole lot of data manipulation happening with the climate justice lobby. NOAA just got busted again for manipulating data to support their failed hypothesis.

Have you ever bothered to ask yourself why none of the climate models accurately predict warming?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
100 trillion (assuming it is correct) to the world economy over the next 80+ years don't seem so bad.

Because GW/CC is a Socialist driven HOAX!

It always OK(to lie,cheat and steal) when its "other peoples money" shocker horse

Posts: 17552 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: 23 October 2009Reply With Quote