New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shiloh Business Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shot the .50-90 Business Rifle today. Recoil was not bad. I was shooting a cast 670 gr paper patch bullets over 100 grs of Goex FFg. I fired 10 shots without wiping and since I don’t have a blow tube yet I did the Quigley method of blowing in the chamber. This was the 9th shot and for it and the 10th shot I did have to push harder to chamber them. I then wiped and fired 10 more. I just wanted to shoot it and wasn’t concerned with accuracy because I am going to replace the front sight with an old Hartford style from Stephen Borud when it gets here and I am thinking about changing the buckhorn out for a semi buckhorn or Lawrence rear sight

Posts: 759 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 759 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found the recoil not bad at all. My .348 on the other hand beat the crap out of me

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet rifle. I see Shiloh is running a production of those Business Rifles again.

Posts: 2744 | Registered: 10 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post