New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good books on BPCR s ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Im will be getting a BPCR in a few months time and its all new to me ,i have had a couple of MLs years ago ,but not a BPCR .rather than annoy everyone with unending questions ,can anyone recommend some good books and info [i have seen the Cast boolits website ]ideally i dont want to buy a whole Library ,just a few good ones that give me most of what i need to know
Thankyou

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tank: You can't go wrong with the "SPG BP Cartridge Reloading Primer," by Mike Venturino and Steve Garbe. Second choice would be "Shooting Buffalo Rifles of the Old West," by Venturino.
Good luck on your journey. These guns are fascinating.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16347 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cheers Bill ! will get a copy of both of those
Thanks !

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought the book ''Shooting buffalo rifles of the old west '',much better than i expected very good ! thanks
Cheers Bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm fond of that one, too. Glad you liked it!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16347 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you have or will be getting a Browning 1885 BPCR than I suggest my book on the rifles titled Browning 1885 Black Powder Cartridge Rifle - 3rd Edition. For more details go to www.texas-mac.com.

BTW, due to an unexpected number of orders, I'm temporarily out of books but have a batch coming in early Jan., but you can still order now.

Wayne

NRA Life (Benefactor) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF (National Shooting Sports Foundation) Member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

Posts: 99 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasMac:
If you have or will be getting a Browning 1885 BPCR than I suggest my book on the rifles titled Browning 1885 Black Powder Cartridge Rifle - 3rd Edition. For more details go to www.texas-mac.com.

BTW, due to an unexpected number of orders, I'm temporarily out of books but have a batch coming in early Jan., but you can still order now.

Wayne

An excellent book on the Browning.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The black powder cartridge silhouette handbook by Croft Barker with chapters on sights,fouling control,bullets,and spotting scopes is a good read.

Posts: 26 | Registered: 20 May 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post