New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kitchen set
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Never thought I'd be posting anything in the 'knife' section of AR but I have grown a certain respect for knives lately. Matter of fact I have recently purchased 3 Ingram knives. The quality and feel is just amazing.

My question is what knife set would you advise for a kitchen set? Must include steak knives, paring, and other assorted.
You members here would be a great help as I've never given much thought to it but the knives I currently have, well, are horrible. Case in point: the set I have now are serrated. Who has serrated steak knives?? LOL

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give mstarling an e-mail or pm. He hangs out here a bunch. He makes excellent knives and is also a super guy.
Okie

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 580 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only knives a chef uses are

French chef's knife I suggest o a 10" blade
Paring knife

You can get away with the above two If you want to get more elaborate add:

serrated slicer-slicing bread, tomatoes etc.
boning knife
filleting knife
fluted slicer--very nice for carving roasts

That's all you'll ever need

the chef

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had loads of fancy expensive "Chefs" knives.
Most end up in my tool box.
Now I have Kitchen Devils pro range. I love 'em.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use Swiss knives mostly Ladvar or Victorinox because they are easy to sharpen on the go, sometimes I'll buy an el cheapo henkel with the yellow handle. I hate the forged knives they are too brittle and hard to sharpen. I've never seen a Kitchen Devil so don't know what you're talking about.

A "chef's knife" is a shape not a brand or type.

the chef