Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any thoughts on this beast

https://www.dawsonknives.com/p...cts/mongolian-swords

I can buy it for 1/2 listed price.

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
For what purpose?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
For what purpose?

To join my Randall as pure decoration

I just saw it’s not currently offered and I can buy one relativly cheap. I just am clueless to the knife maker.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are dozens of cool looking weapons on the net. Many of them made in Pakistan. Most of them are junk as far as using steel goes.

My advice would be to pass on it and not fall into the trap of collecting junk just because it is cool looking.

But, if it really appeals to you, what's the harm? Go for it.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
There are dozens of cool looking weapons on the net. Many of them made in Pakistan. Most of them are junk as far as using steel goes.

My advice would be to pass on it and not fall into the trap of collecting junk just because it is cool looking.

But, if it really appeals to you, what's the harm? Go for it.

I would buy good cheap pakistani or indian knives or other use items.

The cool looking useless stuff is a waste.

I just saw this for $419 at a local pawn shop and $1000on knife makers website and thought it might be a deal.

Back to buying more fishing gear.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
thought it might be a deal

You're contradicting yourself. What "use" can you possibly have for that knife. Plan on killing someone with it?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
thought it might be a deal

You're contradicting yourself. What "use" can you possibly have for that knife. Plan on killing someone with it?

Culling stupid people Big Grin

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Some of those "stupid" people will kill you faster than you can use that knife. Hard to swing a big blade when your guts are hanging out or you're full of 9mm holes. I suggest you stick with what you do best and leave the killing to others. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might just buy another of there

https://www.protoolindustries.net/collections/all

I used me every January to clear up brush in my backyard.

They are awesome.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Not sure if it matters Mike. But, the one shown on your link is for a 2 piece set.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
Not sure if it matters Mike. But, the one shown on your link is for a 2 piece set.

Thanks - I did not even notice. Then my first glance was totally wrong that it is not that cheap. Gato talked me out when he said I should not be collecting junk.

I bought 5 ugly stick fishing rods instead.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

Thanks - I did not even notice. Then my first glance was totally wrong that it is not that cheap. Gato talked me out when he said I should not be collecting junk.

Mike

Well, if I really talked you out of buying junk, I did my good deed for the day. How do I know, because I have piles of custom junk in my living room waiting to be exported to my new house, if I can find a place for them.

I started with the theory that I would collect a Bowie or similar type blade from all the ABS mastersmiths and I made a pretty good run at it, but realized they were making mastersmiths faster than I could afford them anymore. So I stopped that idea and just bought a hundred or so hunting knives in case I ever killed 50 or more hogs in a day. So far, hasn't happened, although my son killed five yesterday evening, wisely decided to dump them or he would have missed Christmas dinner.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

Mike

Well, if I really talked you out of buying junk, I did my good deed for the day. How do I know, because I have piles of custom junk in my living room waiting to be exported to my new house, if I can find a place for them.

I started with the theory that I would collect a Bowie or similar type blade from all the ABS mastersmiths and I made a pretty good run at it, but realized they were making mastersmiths faster than I could afford them anymore. So I stopped that idea and just bought a hundred or so hunting knives in case I ever killed 50 or more hogs in a day. So far, hasn't happened, although my son killed five yesterday evening, wisely decided to dump them or he would have missed Christmas dinner.

I don’t like stuff. I do have a lot of guns and books. Books go nicely on book shelves and guns I need to get rid of after I have moved to blasers. I do like collecting ruger Number 1 and miltary bolts. I will now sell a gun to buy another gun.

I am building a lot of fishing gear but this is high use stuff - I plan to use or give it away.

Same with knives - other than Randalls I will use everything. Randalls are liquid and can be sold.

But I have noticed if one has space - one tends to fill it. Even someone like me who normally has empty walls, rooms ect.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And you need that Why Mike?

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1094 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hogbreath:
And you need that Why Mike?

I don't and its not really that cheap so I passed.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
As a matter of interest, why is a Mongolian sword described as a jungle chopper? I was not aware of jungles in Mongolia! Having said that, I DO have a couple of Samurai swords that I do NOT intend to kill anyone with, but are things of beauty. One is sharp, so if my house was invaded by zombies, and I had time to reach it, I could do some serious damage with it. I AM looking for a light sabre though! A real one, not some cheap Chinese knock off!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote