New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case XX values and advice
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am clearing an estate for a friend. In this lot, there are several knives. I was wondering the values as well as a good plce to sell them.

All are Case XX and I will post info and pic for each....

Case XX 3 blade Model 6392 NEVER sharpened, never polished, has marks from opening/closing the blades

Case XX 3 blade Model 5347HP SSP NEVER sharpened, never polished and absolutely no marks on blades or body...perfect. On long blade Case XX Razor Edge is lasered on

Case XX 3 blade Model 6318PU NEver Sharpened, never polished, and also in perfect condition...no marks on blades or body

Case XX 2 blade Model52033 SSP never sharpened, never polished, no marks on blades or body....perfect

Case XX 2 blade Model 05263 SSP never sharpened, never polished, no marks on blades or body...perfect

Case XX 2 blade Model 05263 SSP never sharpened, never polished, no marks on blades or body...perfect

Any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Kyle
topboss8@yahoo.com

Posts: 212 | Location: Forney TX | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't tell you much about prices, but if you figure out what you want for the third one down (6318PU) I'd like to call dibs on it.

I carried one of those for more than thirty years, and finally lost it... Frowner

Posts: 5740 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
from what I can see of the tang stamps, it appears they are relatively newer Knives.

They appear in good shape but have been carried and some appear sharpened.

Many, many people collect Case knives, but many of them merely tinker with it and there are many that have just "user" knives in their collections. I would guess they average price for the lot would be $35 each. I might be interested in the first 2 if you are selling.

The last 3 would be in the $50 range. #1 and #3 maybe $25.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2578 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got the ages and emailed THE Case historian today. Here is her response.....

Here are the prices list in 2004 Parker's price guide. They are not cement values but should give you an idea of the collectable values.

Case XX 6392 made in 1980 it does have rub marks on 2 blades - $125

Case XX 6318PU made in 1980 Perfect condition - $110

Case XX 5347HP SSP made in 1976 Perfect condition -175

Case XX 52033 SSP made in 1985 Perfect Condition - $70

Case XX 05263 SSP made in 1985 Perfect Condition- $40

Case XX 05263 SSP made in 1987 Perfect condition - $40

Shirley Boser
Case Historian

Posts: 212 | Location: Forney TX | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote