THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Looking for a Folding Damascus knife kit

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a Folding Damascus knife kit
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
I've made several simple straight blade knives from kits. Looking for someone that makes a damascus blade folding knife kit. Some along the lines of a Buck Folding hunter or a touch smaller.

Any suggestions or starting points.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jantz Supply & Texas Knifemakers has them in their catalog. Can't comment on quality tho.
M

Posts: 79 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 28 July 2006Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
My experiences with most commercial damascus steel has been with the non-custom market and IMHO most all of it leaves a bit to be desired.

If -I- were looking into making a folder from a kit, that I wanted to be a bit personal but didn't wish to build every little damn thing by hand, I think I'd find a kit in the style I liked and then purchase a piece of quality damascus and grind my own blade out of it, then properly harden and temper it. If you just do the blade you'll save a huge amount of time and still have a personal knife with a high quality blade.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Mike thanks for the names. I had used Texas Knifemakers for several knifes before. Heck they were just down the street when I lived there. I was having a senior moment and couldn't remember them. bewildered

Mark grinding my own at this time is above my pay grade. Big Grin

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here you go

http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/...ds=damascus&x=8&y=11

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2296 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote