Notify
Tools

Custom California Knife
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
I had this one made by Chuck RichardsChuck Richards ABS Journeyman Smith

I call it the Sawyback Ridge Bowie after a loved area. The knife is nearly 15 inches long. 5 inch handle of stabilized Pacfic madrone burl and bronze. 9.5 inch blade starting at 1/4 inch at the gaurd. My design that he did a great job bringing together. I could not he happier with the'Smith, his work, or the end product.

Chuck recommended Kenny Rowe in Hope Arkansas for the leather work for this knife. I have the same great opinion of him and his excellent work. They made a dream come true.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like good work.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Very intersting desingn it can be useful for hog hunting .juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Cuts like there is no tomorrow!

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where are you from in Northern California? I grew up in Smtih River and Fortuna.

Posts: 61 | Location: FT Carson CO | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I am from Fortuna!

That knife was made in Fortuna

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was born in Fortuna, then I lived there from 1989 to 1997, when I joined the Army. I went to FUHS, And lived up in Campton Heights.. I will actually be back visitng when I am on leave after were done in Iraq this Spring

Posts: 61 | Location: FT Carson CO | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I was gone by 1989 and in college.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
is that knife suppose to be swayback ridge? If it is my Dad killed his largest buck in that area..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 333_OKH:
I am from Fortuna!

That knife was made in Fortuna

I was under the impression all knives made in Kalifornia couldn't have blades.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post

This is the old picture posted and here are a couple more.
Sorry about the broken links, I was asked to replace them.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Very intersting desingn it can be useful for hog hunting .juan

Juan. I am going to mail you a few more Australian hunting magazines. Hog hunting in Australia is very big. Look through the magazines and you will see some advertisments for "pig sticking" knives that are very reasonable in price. I will try to see how much it would cost to have one or two sent to me to bring with next time.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
This was my design to be a very big skinning and working knife. I cuts amazing due to the belly in the blade and stabes well, but I would love to try it on boar. The cost was nearly $300 USA