THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Ralph Bone Bowie & unknown Bowie value question.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ralph Bone Bowie & unknown Bowie value question.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What would this Ralph Bone Bowie be worth? Overall length is 17 1/4". Marked BONE LUBBOCK TEX. The other knife is unmarked and do not know how old it is. The guard is nonmagnetic; looks like copper. Overall length is 14". If the tip was not broke it would be a little longer. Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't claim any real expertise as a knife appraiser but I own a few Bone knives and have a bit of a feel for them. I'd put that Bowie in the range of $500 to $1000 and feel the bottom-middle of that range is about what it would bring unless you find an avid Bone collector. Many people don't know that Bone transitioned to a very fine engraver toward the end of his life.

AFA the other knife goes, I don't know. It looks commercial but could be one hand made for or by a US soldier in WW1 or later. This is definitely a WAG. Barring any further information as to it's provenance, I'd guess $75-$100, maybe.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I appreciate it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about values, but my first good knife was a Bone that I bought in his shop in Lubbock while in college, its still my go to hunting knife. Nice Bowie-hope it does well for you.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote