Notify
Tools

Randall collection
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted
Gentlemen

Here are some pictures of my Randall collection.

Enjoy thumb

Model 17 Carbon Astro

Model 18-7,5

Model 12-8 Bear Bowie

Model 3-7

Model 2-8

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Once again, excellent job on the pictures.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffery,
Nice collection. I use a Model 5 and a Trout and Bird quite a bit.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
i love randall knives do you see the photo of the green beret in vietnam who killed a tiger and skinned it with his randall is in the cuchillo tactico book by abel domenech.juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Jeffery,

Very nice knives... Excellent photos! thumb

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
Jeffery, excellent photography, which one is your favorite or is too hard to choose?

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I would love to be able to buy a Randall but I have never seen one in France. Anybody know of a dealer in France or Europe? Perhaps it is possible to order one? If mail order is possible I would love to know who to contact.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Randall has 4-5 years waiting on new knives.
Best way to buy a Randall is from Ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/Randall-knife_W0QQfromZR41

Kward my favorite is the # 17 carbon Astro. That knife is real rare and is only made in Stainless steel now.
The # 2-8 also in carbon with the riveted Johnson sheath is also real rare Wink

Cheers,

André

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trouthunter
posted Hide Post
Jeffry, Hvad Siger Du?

Hope that's spelled right, my Danish is a little rusty. I can understand it, speak it, but writing it is another story. My family on my Dad's side immigrated to Texas from Denmark prior to 1900 and helped settle Danevang, TX, so nice to see someone from Denmark on here.

I collect Vintage Randall's, I'll post a picture of some when I get home.

TH

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I look forward to seeing your Randalls.

Jeg glæder mig meget til at se dine Randall knive.

Med venlig hilsen thumb

André

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Randall knives are the best of the best ,and ill try to buy some for my new arms and throphy room but for real use i prefer the cold steels,juan .ANDRE A RETIRED COLONEL GAVE ME FOR WWI AND WWII SOLINGEN SWORDS AND ONE SPANISH OF 1800 YOU WILL LOVE TO SEE I HAVE NOW NEAR 100 KNIVES SWORDS AND SPEAR ILL MAKE A ROOM FOR THAT AND THE TROPHYS

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trouthunter
posted Hide Post
Well as soon as I figure out how to post some images, I'll put some Randalls up here. Doesn't look like I have permission to do so.

TH

One of Us
Picture of Trouthunter
posted Hide Post
My son's Randall #8

My very old Randall #8, 1959 or 1960 that I still use

Randall Little Bear 1971

Little Bear #2

Collection of Randall #1 Fighters 1968

Fighters #2

Fighters #3

Randall Raymond Thorpe Bowie 1965

Bowie #2

With the exception of the Randall's that my son and I use, the rest are all unsharpened and unused. That was a pretty cool find, they had just been stored and not taken care of. All of the blades are Swedish carbon tool steel.

TH

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffery Denmark, you always have such great photo's in your posts. Thank you for that! Are those porcupine quills in those shots?

I recall your post once that had a sperm whale tooth (I think) and a really beautiful black and white handled knife--I tried to post how great I thought that knife was.... don't know if you ever got that post, I think it was about when AR was changing formats and a lot of stuff got squirrely for me. The posts that you and one other fellow made with photo's of Sauer 202 rifles and cases got me into Sauer rifles, and for that I also thank you. I have several now and they all perform so well!

At any rate, sorry to wander off topic, but I sure am jealous of yours and Trouthunters collections of Randalls. I have quite a few nice knives, but no
Randalls-----Yet.

Best Regards--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trouthunter

Your Randalls are very nice thumb
I like military knives very much.

The 8# knife in the picture with yout #1-7 is that not a #5-8 with #1 style guard ?

Fish30114

Thanks for the kind words.
Sauer 202 is a good rifle, good choice.
The knife with the Whale tooth was a Puma white hunter.

You can go off toipic all you want Big Grin

Cheers,

André

One of Us
Picture of Trouthunter
posted Hide Post
Andre, thanks and I like your collection as well.

No the #1's are all #1's with 6", 7" & 8" blades. The first one in the picture, with the 8" blade has a funny grind at the top in front of the guard that actually took part of the Randall logo off. When I have time, I'll take some better pictures of it and show you.

A picture was sent of the knife and it's just an unusual grind, perhaps a slip by the maker. All three of the #1's were ordered by the same man at the same time with the stipulation that the blades be stamped with the year of manufacture, 1968.

Thanks,

TH

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Andre your posts and your articles are the best of the best did your considered writing in magazines ,your articles would be real intersting,and you are an expert hunter ,diver,and martial artist so you know about knives and weapons,juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Andre did you saw the photo of the tiger killed in vietnam by a green beret and skinned with a randall .Im using the camo jacket you gave me is just perfect and my clients and friends always ask where i bougth it,my son uses his m65 everyday he killed a nice hog, and he injured another hunting with Steve.juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan Jæger

I am glad that yu like my posts. Some of them is however "copy and paste" from other articles and not written by me. I do however research allot on the subjects that you like. You are a hard man to please Big Grin many questions Big Grin Good questions.

I have seen the picture of the green baret and the tiger, that picture is awesome.

Tell your familly that I said HI

Cheers,

André

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice Randalls.
I have always wanted a Raymond Thorpe

one of us
posted Hide Post

What you want is a Raymond Thorp "Brass back" aaahhhhhh Wink The Randall #12-13.
Brass back is no longer an option when ordering a Randall knife. Mad

There is one up for grabs on ebay right now Eeker!!!!!

Ebay number: 150012999516

Or link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&it...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Cheers,

André

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice collection! thumb I like them all.I have one like trouthunters middle fighter.It is from the early 60s era..Bo Randall made it. It has never been sharpened or used and will shave hair.I use to wear it for last ditch effort if all else fails while bowhunting bear/hog in laural thickets on the ground with just a stick & string & knife.It only had one purpose for me and that was to save my hide.I retired it and now have a custom knife that i would not feel as bad about loseing due to collecter value....I want a new made randle knife i saw one time that had a stag handle and a compass built in the handle top!It was really neat blade!I think it was a early 90s built knife.Randalls Rule! thumbThanks for sharing! salute

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffery
That is a nice Thorp!

How do you think a Thorp would be for a pig sticker, and which of the Randalls would be best for hog hunting?

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Jeffery
That is a nice Thorp!

How do you think a Thorp would be for a pig sticker, and which of the Randalls would be best for hog hunting?

A Trailmaster would be less expensive and you would cry less if something happened to it! CRYBABY I need to take some pictures of the Cold Steel Trailmaster and Kukri that Andre encouraged me into buying. clap
Then there's the Cold Steel sabre -- not sure what I'm going to do with that one. Roll Eyes

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

quote:

Best Randall for Hog hunting would be the 12-9 with a 14 grind. IMO It is basically a BIG #14.
There is a picture of one in this thread.

Cheers,

André

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffery
Maybe a 12, 9" with a 14 grind with a foward guard and a stag handle....

However is 9" enough???

one of us
posted Hide Post
450 buddy

Fubby that you should mention that configuration.

I had one of those with nickle silver guard and one MASSIVE stag handle.
Perfect knife and the size is good for wild boar.
I seem to go BIGGER and BIGGER these days but 9" is a good size blade and enough knife.

Cheers,

André

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Killing boars with a Randall is like hunting jumbos with a double royal holland ,you can do it with a cheap rifle but .....it has another taste .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Killing boars with a Randall is like hunting jumbos with a double royal holland ,you can do it with a cheap rifle but .....it has another taste .Juan

An excellent point I had overlooked.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wink- I saw a few Randall's in a Paris store a few years ago. I can't remember the name of the store-it may have been Kindal. I bought a very nice folder there. Here's their web site. http://kindalknives.com/intro.html I don't read French, so I can't comment on the content.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote