Find
Notify
Tools

Sharpening D2
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Montana
posted
I need help, I have a Bob Dozier knife made of D2. How do I sharpen it? When I first got it, it was so sharp it was scary. I can not duplicate that. The first 5 deer I skinned with it seemed like they had zippers.

Wayne

Live everyday, like it was your last!!

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Posts: 571 | Location: Central, NC | Registered: 03 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wayne
Try a Norton India oil stone or a diamond stone.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
You can send it back to them and they will sharpen it and send it back to you for...I think $10.00. Plus anyone in his shop can recomend a sharpener/system for you to use. They have some there that they sell or whatever. Call them and ask. Ask for Alicia. She is a jewel. 479-756-0023

Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've sharpened a half dozen or more Dozier knives with a King combination 1000/6000 Waterstone. They cut faster and finer than most other stones and can be had for less than $30. Water is far less messy than Oil used on some other types of stones....................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote