Find
Notify
Tools

Gene Ingram
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sdeshazo
posted
Well after a long wait it arrived in the mail today!!

Specs: # 20 Drop Point Gene Ingram Custom
The blade in S30V
Desert Ironwood handle (A GRADE - BURL IRONWOOD) the more charter the better.
Mosaic pins
For the sheath, dark leather matching the Ironwood with matching dark leather strap on the knife handle with a bone slide.

Posts: 224 | Location: St Augustine, Florida | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bloody lovely. beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gene makes a fine knife indeed.

Posts: 603 | Location: Louisiana USA | Registered: 24 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
about the nicest ingram I have ever seen.

Posts: 74 | Location: out west | Registered: 20 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous blade. tu2 I just found his website and emailed him about ordering a knife. Thanks for posting this.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
I just ordered two knives from Gene, a LiteHunter and an H325 both in D2 with paper micarta and mosaics.

What a pleasure he is to deal with, a really nice guy. Very refreshing way to do business. No deposits, no change fees, etc. I just agree to pay for the knives when they are done and he agrees to build them and deliver on time. I think I am done ordering Randalls after seeing how a guy like Gene does business, Randall almost acts like they are doing you a favor to make you a knife, whereas Gene treats you like you are his only and best customer.

Now I just have to wait the 20 months!

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cane Rat:
I just ordered two knives from Gene, a LiteHunter and an H325 both in D2 with paper micarta and mosaics.

What a pleasure he is to deal with, a really nice guy. Very refreshing way to do business. No deposits, no change fees, etc. I just agree to pay for the knives when they are done and he agrees to build them and deliver on time. I think I am done ordering Randalls after seeing how a guy like Gene does business, Randall almost acts like they are doing you a favor to make you a knife, whereas Gene treats you like you are his only and best customer.

Now I just have to wait the 20 months!

Mate, I have plenty of knives, I can lend you a few while you are waiting. Cool beer

One of Us
Picture of sdeshazo
posted Hide Post
Yes Gene was wonderful to work with & the knife is very much worth the wait. I cannot talk highly enough about Gene or his work, I'll be ordering another.

Posts: 224 | Location: St Augustine, Florida | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recieved an email from Gene that my order is done. I ordered a #7 with Black Micarta and Mosaics and a Hunter in Red Micarta and Mosaics both in S30V. Should have them in hand in a couple days. I have 3 others and sold my Bark River and other knives for more Ingrams. They are the best in my eyes.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trouthunterdj:
I recieved an email from Gene that my order is done. I ordered a #7 with Black Micarta and Mosaics and a Hunter in Red Micarta and Mosaics both in S30V. Should have them in hand in a couple days. I have 3 others and sold my Bark River and other knives for more Ingrams. They are the best in my eyes.

ddj

Please post pics when you receive them, I would love to see them.