New
Find
Notify
Tools

7.65x53 Argentine Heavy Bullet Load?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I’ve got a nice little 91 Argentine that I picked up from “Bubba”. He shortened the barrel and stock and installed a decent set of Williams sights. Well I happen to have several hundred .312 RN FMJ bullets that weigh in at 216 grains and need some starting point for a very mild plinking range load. Any help will be appreciated.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 936 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
I've loaded quite a bit for the 7.65 but never went above 180 grain.
Is it a model 98 action? The Winchester 308 has a similar case capacity, you might look for a 220 grain load in it and drop a few grains from the starting load. I'm sure you will find something out there, I'm thinking with the right powder you will probably end up around 1900 fps or so.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3069 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Sorry I reread your post as to it being a model 91 which is a bit weaker.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3069 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi UG,

Use 308 Win loads and you are done.

Good luck

PH

One of Us
posted Hide Post
30-40 Krag or 7.62x54R #s will get you started. Or 303 Brit.

Posts: 688 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 936 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I've fired hundreds of 7.62 Nato rounds from a 7.65 Argentine (09). But don't do it out of a 91.
You end up with a really short neck!
I know, this has nothing to do with the question.

Posts: 17071 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote