Find
Notify
Tools

First Race
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted
Actcel's Luck ran her first race 9-20-2014 at La. Downs. A 6 furlong race for 2 year old maidens. She broke well, but shied away when the jockey on the horse next to her fell off. As the dirt from the other horses started hitting her in the face was pulled back. Being her first race she was running with her ears up not understanding every thing going on. Just before the turn for home she started to speed up, probably 21 to 25 lengths back. As she hit the turn for the stretch it was like a light switch flipped on, oh this is what it is a bout. She pinned her ears and the burst of speed was impressive she made up 9 to 11 lengths in that short distance. Very encouraging for a first race. The trainer thought she might have won it with another furlong. She came out of the race sound with no soreness detected.

We had a very good jockey and he rode her very, very well and wants to ride her again. He thought she needed to run farther and in her next race we are sending her 1 mile. Wish us luck.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Being a city boy, I didn't grow up around horses or mules or the racing of same. I know a guy from Mississippi that's into it and a guy that races mules. Gives the critters a job I guess. Also for the competition, the fun, the money(?).

Good luck for the next race.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19307 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Kind of a fate thing as to how I got into racing in the first place. Wasn't planned, just happened.

This was an excellent learning experience for her. We had a very good jockey riding her and he said that he would like to ride her again, that is very encouraging.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JWP:

That's a great start. Let's hear what happens the next race.
Don't over do it and cause her damage is the main thing.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
The only real objective that a gave the trainer is to keep her healthy. She has a grand sire that didn't win much money until he turned 4 and he won 690 thousand, then as a 5 year old he won over 2 million and that was in the 80's when the purses were smaller. Right now she just needs a little experience and maturity, I think.

- Winston Churchill

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you performed a heart test on the mare?
She might be a carrier of large heart gene according to her pedigree that might
transfer to the off springs.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norseman:
Have you performed a heart test on the mare?
She might be a carrier of large heart gene according to her pedigree that might
transfer to the off springs.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No I have not. No place anywhere reasonably close that does that. There is a good chance that she inherited the large heart X chromosome as she has big hearted horse in her pedigree.

- Winston Churchill

one of us
posted Hide Post
What's the latest?

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
She broke a bone in her foot in the second race and is recuperating now. She went off at 9/2, we were expecting her to be in the top 3 if not win. But it didn't happen.

- Winston Churchill

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you performed the heart test yet for the X factor, been curious since October of last year.

one of us
posted Hide Post
How or why did Actcels broke a bone in her foot?

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/actcels+luck

What motherline do you think your mare is a carrier of the X factor gene or why do you think your mare is a X carrier?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Decent stallion who is a carrier of X genes

http://www.harrispainthorses.c...howellingcorona.html

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you should save your money and invest in better quality stallions otherwise your throwing your money away on your mare.
What are the names of your horses that have First Down Cash, Three Bar's, Triple Chick and more importantly Chicks Beduino??????????????????????????????

Perhap's you should pay a visit to Robicheax Ranch and meet up with Jude or Ryan Robicheax in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana and check out Jet Black Patriot, which is not a horse to haul 300# man up and down mountains in Northern California.
They could fill you in.

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
What makes you think I need better stallions? I have a mare that's a granddaughter bof Chicks Budino and a one that's a granddaughter of Dash For Cash. I have a colt out of Jess Louisianna Blue and a mare out of Game Patriot.
What makes you think Jet Black Patriot can't haul a 300 pound man up a mountain?

I haven't asked for any advice, that was you. You are the one that wants a chores with a lot of 1932 blood.

- Winston Churchill

one of us
posted Hide Post
What are the names of your horses that have First Down Cash, Three Bar's, Triple Chick and more importantly Chicks Beduino??????????????????????????????

If you can't maintain the X gene then you are not game.

Chicks Budino is not showing up on the bet factor, perhap's you are confusing it with Chicks Beduino?

What's the latest on your X Factor research?

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norseman:

If you can't maintain the X gene then you are not game.

Chicks Budino is not showing up on the bet factor, perhap's you are confusing it with Chicks Beduino?

What's the latest on your X Factor research?

You don't need to know the names of my horses. I suspect I've researched the X factor more than most. It is a chromosome, not a gene.
No point in being a dick.

- Winston Churchill

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
This colt is 3 months old in the this picture. He is out of a mare out of Game Patriot and Jess Louisiana Blue. He is about an inch shy of 12 hands at 3 months old.

- Winston Churchill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a really nice looking boy you got the JW. He is obviously well breed.

Posts: 316 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 August 2011Reply With Quote