THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HORSE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Horse    Leo Hancock Hayes stud fee's!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leo Hancock Hayes stud fee's!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hot Damn!!!!!

http://aaronranch.com/leohancockhayes.html

Well I'll be damn, a Joe Hancock bred?!!!!??

one of us
posted Hide Post
Can anybody guess how many mares he sired?

Somebody is making fat cash pimping this stallion. I thought horse racing had all the glory but there is still money in pro-rodeo and working horses.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norseman:

Somebody is making fat cash pimping this stallion. I thought horse racing had all the glory but there is still money in pro-rodeo and working horses.

I must have missed it, what is their produce record/money earners produced?

I noticed you've become suddenly considerate, I'll repost my questions to you here where you'll feel at liberty to answer.

Posts: 316 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now Norseman, please answer the one question I have asked of you.

Given that it is the obligation of the breeder to improve upon the breed, just what traits do you think the 1930 Hancock horse, or your more recent Driftwood, just what trait do they have which will improve a horse like Stoli?
If you're saying they (Hancock or Driftwood)would improve on your mares that is a pretty poor reflection on your mares, given there's been about 80 years to improve upon the breed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Norseman, since you cited the Four 6s studs, just how much Hancock blood are those two studs carrying? The one looks like he's a lot more Doc O Lena breed than Hancock; the other Continental Fly.
So why the insinuation these were Hancock breed? They've got some Hancock in their background but other good horses are much more up close.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
now you're free to answer. Still waiting all this time.

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardAustin:
quote:

I must have missed it, what is their produce record/money earners produced?

I noticed you've become suddenly considerate, I'll repost my questions to you here where you'll feel at liberty to answer.

Al I saw was a list of his ancestors accomplishments.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You must have missed this JW, obviously Noresman knows something:

quote:

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
You must have missed this JW, obviously Noresman knows something:

quote:

I didn't miss it. The web site list the ancestors accomplishments but not the stallions. The horse U.S. 35 years old and there is no list of his offsprings accomplishments.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thing is, those people have one of the all time great studs in Peptoboonsmal. Gary trained him and always said if he could just have one more like him in his lifetime. Gary is the consummate horseman, so him saying that means a lot. They also got Duels Blue Boon which if I remember right Kobie Woods trained, but I do remember is that horse won or placed a lot, close to $200,000.00 I believe. So Norseman, after all that effort to track down some old old blood line with no known record, discovers a ranch with two really good/great studs and never gives them a second look. He's the perfect example of what I was saying about backyard breeders and horses bred without a purpose.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Richard,

Not sure if your argument is valid based on this one fact. Leo hancock Hayes as well as most Hancock bred horses are not cutters, reiners or working cow horses in the competitive arena. peptoboonsmal is a freak of a cutting horse. Gary said he's still not trained to this day, because Gary didn't have to train him. Pepto just knew his job.

The hancock horses are great ranch horses. Tough, work all day and be a cowboys type horse. They have their place. I've had a few well bred reining horses that wouldn't last in the rodeo arena. Great minds, athletic and great to ride, but not enough substance to last all day working cows or heading steers.

Leo Hancock Hayes is kind of the last of his generation and for some breeders the last chance at those genetics that have proven themselves with riders who use horses outside the arena.

The quarter horse breed is not a standardized single breed any longer. I have a halter bred mare that is NOT the same kind of horse as my reiners. Racing bred horses don't make cutters and a cutter will never win the All American.

The older Hancock lines are a throwback to when a quarter horse could do it all. Not at the level of Stoli or Peptoboonsmal in their specialties, but cowboys love the old line.

I'm done with the reiners, even though I really enjoy them, and would rather have a tough as nails, big boned, hard working type horse. The hancocks are what delivers that.

Bailey Bradshaw

www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

I'm in the gun buildin bidness, and cousin....bidness is a boomin

Posts: 568 | Location: Diana, TX | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bailey

Bailey I certainly agree with you that there are plenty of horses not worth their salt. I'll just remind you of one thing; remember a photo of Buster and Little Peppy cutting a cow in front of the King Ranch herd? Buster has his bedroll strapped on and he was out for a couple nights on the range working Little Peppy. Point being some are and some aren't. That Hancock horse I saw looked to have too much shoulder which made his neck tie in to his belly, and the angle of his shoulder looked too straight up and down. Granted you can't tell from a photo, but that's what I saw. I see a horse like that and I start thinking I need an acre to lope him in a circle.
I'll grant you some of the cutters if they couldn't cut would be giving birthday pony rides with cowboy Bob. I still stand fast that the QH from the turn of last century can't hold a candle to the good modern blood lines.

Bailey, I've edited to add this. I think there'd be plenty of happy ranch hands to ride a horse sired by one of the top sires like a Pepto. I think the stud fee is what prohibits them from becoming part of a string. I'd be willing to bet the hands at Four 6's like what thy get to use, just the average rancher can't afford to have their help -or themselves- mounted on a ranch pony whos sire's stud fee was 20 plus thousand dollars.

one of us
posted Hide Post
One of Leo Hancock Hayes son's,

http://bhhmedia.com/blue-fox-hancock/

one of us
posted Hide Post
Leo Hancock Hayes was studded out over 200 times according to allbreedpedigree.com and the stud fee's are $10,000.00!
Supply and demand.

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leo Hancock Hayes was studded out over 200 times according to allbreedpedigree.com and the stud fee's are $10,000.00!
Supply and demand.

Only 200 mares bred over 30 years? Not a lot of demand. Some horses do that in 2 years or less.

- Winston Churchill

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Bailey

Bailey I certainly agree with you that there are plenty of horses not worth their salt. I'll just remind you of one thing; remember a photo of Buster and Little Peppy cutting a cow in front of the King Ranch herd? Buster has his bedroll strapped on and he was out for a couple nights on the range working Little Peppy. Point being some are and some aren't. That Hancock horse I saw looked to have too much shoulder which made his neck tie in to his belly, and the angle of his shoulder looked too straight up and down. Granted you can't tell from a photo, but that's what I saw. I see a horse like that and I start thinking I need an acre to lope him in a circle.
I'll grant you some of the cutters if they couldn't cut would be giving birthday pony rides with cowboy Bob. I still stand fast that the QH from the turn of last century can't hold a candle to the good modern blood lines.

Bailey, I've edited to add this. I think there'd be plenty of happy ranch hands to ride a horse sired by one of the top sires like a Pepto. I think the stud fee is what prohibits them from becoming part of a string. I'd be willing to bet the hands at Four 6's like what thy get to use, just the average rancher can't afford to have their help -or themselves- mounted on a ranch pony whos sire's stud fee was 20 plus thousand dollars.

Spot on. Buster worked cattle on the ranch with every horse he trained in the cutting arena. You'd have to pay me 10,000 dollars to breed one of my mares to Leo Hancock Hayes. Long slope in the front shoulders allows the front legs to reach further forward for more speed. Heavy thick shoulders are fine for a plow horse. They were bred out of modern horses for more speed and quickness.

- Winston Churchill

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Notice the builds on these rope horses.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IFNG8wdF1so

- Winston Churchill

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Roping with no bridle on the horse.
Trevor Brazile

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IFNG8wdF1so

- Winston Churchill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JW, the telling part is noresman refers you to a website that brags about Peptoboonsmal producing off spring winning in excess of $21 Million dollars to date, and he spent the last 4 days trying to find one off spring of that other horse.

I'm actually starting to think his time is better spent looking for deceased stallions.

In another thread he's declaring hybrid to be th same as hybrid vigor. He couldn't understand why I said to look for hybrid vigor in your babies.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
JW, the telling part is noresman refers you to a website that brags about Peptoboonsmal producing off spring winning in excess of $21 Million dollars to date, and he spent the last 4 days trying to find one off spring of that other horse.

I'm actually starting to think his time is better spent looking for deceased stallions.

In another thread he's declaring hybrid to be th same as hybrid vigor. He couldn't understand why I said to look for hybrid vigor in your babies.

My life doesn't revolve around internet.
If you have a problem with Aaron Ranch, call Phil Aaron and ask him if he has time to satisfy your ego. In the mean time look up Joe Lee Hancock pedigree.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somehow I don't think I'll be in need of advice from anyone that suffers a logical disconnect of your magnitude.

Have you considered Old Sorrel for your breeding program?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Horse blood lines are like women's fashions, popularity is always changing. Most registered horses carry the genes of some renowned ancestor these days, Might be 50 years ago, but it's there. Big Grin Always got a kick out of Secretariats "illegitimate" son and the legal wrangles that went with his story.

https://www.facebook.com/pam.h...osts/594243367255528

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My life doesn't revolve around internet.
If you have a problem with Aaron Ranch, call Phil Aaron and ask him if he has time to satisfy your ego. In the mean time look up Joe Lee Hancock pedigree.

I'd say your life does revolve around the Internet, since you post a lot of info that you googled.

- Winston Churchill

one of us
posted Hide Post
JWP475,
How else could I prove to you that there is no such thing as a 14.5 horse?

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
JWP475,
How else could I prove to you that there is no such thing as a 14.5 horse?

You haven't proven shit.

- Winston Churchill

one of us
posted Hide Post
JWP475,
Done it twice already. If you're still not convince, ask your farrier, jockey or vet.

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
JWP475,
Done it twice already. If you're still not convince, ask your farrier, jockey or vet.

You need to stop acting like a fool. 14-2 hands is the same as 14.5 hands idiot. The decimal fraction, something you totally do not understand.

- Winston Churchill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norseman-

In the vernacular here in the 'states what ray and jwp are saying is they the horse is 14 and a half hands tall.

Its common usage\ have heard and used it all my life--

not worth an inter-net slanging war over-------

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sean Russell:
Norseman-

In the vernacular here in the 'states what ray and jwp are saying is they the horse is 14 and a half hands tall.

Its common usage\ have heard and used it all my life--

Unless of course it's a Mini. Wink

Grizz

not worth an inter-net slanging war over-------

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Oh this whole thread just makes me shake my head. I can't see the problem here with hands........ 14.5 as in 14 and a half hands as in 14.2..... no mystery here.

I would also say that over the years I have seen a hell of a lot of horses that had a really big name in the AQHA registry or another registry somewhere on their papers.......... had little to do with the actual horse. Too many guys out there that base everything on the pedigrees and are breeding horses that have what it takes on paper but not on all four feet.

When you get into the actual foundation sires most horses pedigrees in that regard are on a long rope out of a deep canyon.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1810 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
Oh this whole thread just makes me shake my head. I can't see the problem here with hands........ 14.5 as in 14 and a half hands as in 14.2..... no mystery here.

I would also say that over the years I have seen a hell of a lot of horses that had a really big name in the AQHA registry or another registry somewhere on their papers.......... had little to do with the actual horse. Too many guys out there that base everything on the pedigrees and are breeding horses that have what it takes on paper but not on all four feet.

When you get into the actual foundation sires most horses pedigrees in that regard are on a long rope out of a deep canyon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-CwacEcGhs

Grizz

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grizzly whenever I have a horse that carries his head and tail like that I'm thinking about finding him a new home.

No one has a problem with Mr. Atkinson's use of .5 but Noresman. I guess you can always find a problem if you're looking for it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thing is, those people have one of the all time great studs in Peptoboonsmal. Gary trained him and always said if he could just have one more like him in his lifetime. Gary is the consummate horseman, so him saying that means a lot. They also got Duels Blue Boon which if I remember right Kobie Woods trained, but I do remember is that horse won or placed a lot, close to $200,000.00 I believe. So Norseman, after all that effort to track down some old old blood line with no known record, discovers a ranch with two really good/great studs and never gives them a second look. He's the perfect example of what I was saying about backyard breeders and horses bred without a purpose.

I ride cutters, and I can tell you that most of the horses that won in the 80's couldn't place now. Some of that is due to better training. IF the guy actually breeds any mares at $10000, you'd have a hell of a time selling your way out of that one!

I grew up on a cattle ranch, we had quarter horses in the 50's, and owned a couple of own daughters of Joe Hancock. About the only thing you could say about their offspring was that they were usually fast, and had big ugly heads about as long as your arm.

Also as a side note, Gary Bellenfant was stretching the truth if he said he didn't train Pepto. It don't work that way! What he is saying is that he was somewhat natural.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jstevens:
quote:

I ride cutters, and I can tell you that most of the horses that won in the 80's couldn't place now. Some of that is due to better training. IF the guy actually breeds any mares at $10000, you'd have a hell of a time selling your way out of that one!

I grew up on a cattle ranch, we had quarter horses in the 50's, and owned a couple of own daughters of Joe Hancock. About the only thing you could say about their offspring was that they were usually fast, and had big ugly heads about as long as your arm.

Also as a side note, Gary Bellenfant was stretching the truth if he said he didn't train Pepto. It don't work that way! What he is saying is that he was somewhat natural.

You are sport on.

- Winston Churchill

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
quote:

Grizz

Sigh!!! Oh ya the Arab industry. Whole different world and people........... reminds me of their Liberty classes.

I've always thought that SCI could probably have a category for them in the record book. Wink
Most people with Arabs also like llamas, why is that?

Sorry I could not resist.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1810 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Skyline. You are right on. Glad you could not resist!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
quote:

Grizz

Sigh!!! Oh ya the Arab industry. Whole different world and people........... reminds me of their Liberty classes.

I've always thought that SCI could probably have a category for them in the record book. Wink
Most people with Arabs also like llamas, why is that?

Sorry I could not resist.

Most Arabian owners I have met rave about what beautiful animals they are, but few actually ride them. Gotta love Arabian Halter classes, takes two people to show them, one to lead and one to get the horse jazzed up with a whip.

Grizz