THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HORSE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Horse    Horses are F**kin Stupid
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Horses are F**kin Stupid
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
We all have stories of stupid horses so I thought that I'd pass on this thread. Well, until last night.

My buddy has a dozen or so horses and keeps them on range land when they're not being used. He goes out there every couple of days and feeds some supplemental hay just to keep the horses used to coming to call.

Late yesterday afternoon he took a couple of bales of hay up to the feeders. The feeders are on a flat originally constructed on a big cut in the side of a hill where an oil well used to be located. Eight of the horses are standing on top of the hill and look over the edge of the cut when he pulls up. He whistles for them like he usually does and the horses all perk their ears up and start walking off to the right to work their way down the hill.

All of them except for one four year old filly who decides to walk straight forward off the edge of the 30 feet tall vertical cut.

She lands right on her head/neck and dies right there.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A four yr old is no longer a filly. Did she have any colts? Hope she didn't pass on the STUPID genes! IF we could just get people to do such things now!

OH, we had one here the other day. Robbed a C/U, cops chased him and he got out on a rock in the river taunting the cops. Then he turned and took a dive into the spillway and never came up. They still haven't found his body. So it does happen to people too. Just not often enough huh?

Thanks for sharing the story Frank.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
A four yr old is no longer a filly. Did she have any colts? Hope she didn't pass on the STUPID genes! IF we could just get people to do such things now!

OH, we had one here the other day. Robbed a C/U, cops chased him and he got out on a rock in the river taunting the cops. Then he turned and took a dive into the spillway and never came up. They still haven't found his body. So it does happen to people too. Just not often enough huh?

Thanks for sharing the story Frank.
George

She was a filly, never bred.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My favorite is on one of our elk hunts. Every day for a week had to ride past a certain rock, twice a day. Bloody horse shied every time, at least after the third time, I braced myself for the circus to come. Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nobody2
posted Hide Post
quote:
we all have stories of stupid horses so I thought that I'd pass on this thread. Well, until last night.My buddy has a dozen or so horses and keeps them on range land when they're not being used. He goes out there every couple of days and feeds some supplemental hay just to keep the horses used to coming to call.Late yesterday afternoon he took a couple of bales of hay up to the feeders. The feeders are on a flat originally constructed on a big cut in the side of a hill where an oil well used to be located. Eight of the horses are standing on top of the hill and look over the edge of the cut when he pulls up. He whistles for them like he usually does and the horses all perk their ears up and start walking off to the right to work their way down the hill.All of them except for one four year old filly who decides to walk straight forward off the edge of the 30 feet tall vertical cut.She lands right on her head/neck and dies right there.

That's a shame.....would have been an outstanding prospect for the Omak Suicide Race.

Posts: 274 | Location: Wa. | Registered: 04 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Horses are stupid...

this is news...?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Horses are stupid...

this is news...?

I always claim they're suicidal, to boot. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You've got that one right Grizz!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Willie,
I got quite a few horses around here that will suit you to a T, and you will never have ANY ISSUES with them..If you do bring'em back, but you won't..They are ranch raised been to rodeos and are kid broke but will do a days work..If you bring one back I'll give you your money back and a nice rifle for you trouble..You been a good friend over the years and I would like to see you on not a good horse but a great horse.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote