Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

reflex on big bore Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Going to put a reflex on a CZ 550 458 Lott.
Eyes are just getting bit old for opens.
Really like the Holosun with Circle DOT reticle.
Any history with Holosun?

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have several. I wanted to try them before I spent big bucks on one of the US-made brands. But I really liked the first one enough that when I needed 2 more, I bought the same. They're holding up so far on reciprocating slides of 9mm handguns, probably 5K rounds on 1 of them over last 1 year. I think the RMR is probably tougher FWIW.

I really like the 32 MOA circle and small 2 MOA dot. I like easy battery change. Mid-sized window is nice (RMR's are small, really like the bigger windows on the Leupold Delta Point Pro). The little back up solar panel is a neat feature.

Hope this helps. Haven't tried one on a big kicker like the Lott.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Burris Fastfire that I’ve used on my CZ .458 Lott, worked really well and recoil didn’t seem to affect it, really fast and easy to use. No experience with Holuson, but I really don’t care for the circle-dot reticle, try that weighted on my choice.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2745 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just FYI, the Holosun offers the 2 MOA dot (alone), the 32 MOA circle (alone), or the combo of the 2 MOA dot inside the 32 MOA circle. It's just a setting on the unit.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a new Holosun green dot on my 577NE,
I like it. Rose coloured shooting glassed work best for me on the dot.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3337 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No experience with the Holosun, but I've a Kahles Helia RD on a CZ 458 Lott. It's held up without trouble for 60 rounds so far.

Posts: 1426 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting a Trijicon RMR on my .500 NE since 2015. Taken a couple of ele with it. Love it for the application. No experience with Holoson. I have heard favorable reports on them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Burris Fastfire 3 on my 458 Lott and it has worked well. Fast and accurate, lightweight and easy battery changes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have also been using the Trijicon RMR on my .470. Works well for that.

The only downside I’ve heard of with the holosun is where it is made.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Shield RMS compact.

The RMRs are pretty dark, and the Holosun is made in China (I know, what isn't, right?)

The Shield, however, is made in England.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

posted Hide Post
I have a Leupold Delta Point 2.5 MOA on my CZ 550 458 Lott; it has served me well. I think the motion activation feature is a critical feature for a DGR rifle.

It is mounted in an American Hunting Rifles detachable mount, which has worked well for me. I believe they also make a non-detachable mount as well, which is slightly lower.

Best of Luck

Eric

Posts: 15 | Location: Mead, Colorado | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Once one gets used to them they are quick but in wet rainy or foggy conditions like in Alaska they have problems just like with scopes.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4196 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Old school, I like the 3X Leupold, or better yet my 2.5X Leupold compacts..

All Im saying is there is more than one way to skin a cat..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote