Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber Caprivi Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A good friend is looking at a used Caprivi in 375H&H, are the problems that have been mentioned in past posts still hold true??

Posts: 1614 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you get any luck here try your post on 24HourCampfire on their Big Bore and Express rifles forum.

From memory there are quite a few Kimber Caprivis and the Talkeetna (spelling) which is the fibreglass version on 24Hour.

As best I can remember the complaint was the barrel band mounted sling swivel coming loose.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can your friend fire that rifle to check accuracy ? A good Kimber can be very good but a bad one can have seriuos problems. Mine 223]needed tweeking some needalot more as posts here show.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
Can your friend fire that rifle to check accuracy ? A good Kimber can be very good but a bad one can have seriuos problems. Mine 223]needed tweeking some needalot more as posts here show.

Have seen the accuracy lucky dip stuff plenty of times but not with the 375s.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Locally, in Idaho, and everyone here hunts deer and elk on a yearly basis, and the Kimbers have been excellent and taken over the market.It seems strange to us all these problems crop up on the internet, but Ive seen the same with bullets, scopes and fingernail files! Roll Eyes

In reality and according to reps Ive talked to at SCI and other shows, most factories get a number of guns back, and that's understandable, even though its a pain in the kazoo..More important is how their customer service handle the problems.

I have two Kimbers, both wood stocked, and blue and I see them as a fwt. "small ring mod. 70", how in the world can you beat that?? and both shoot great.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41840 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Caprivi in 375 and have been very pleased with it. It is accurate and I have had no issues. It went to Africa my last safari and I killed a buff and Eland with it. Some call it a "Remchester" action as it is essentially a pipe action with a non-integral recoil lug. But, I don't believe I will wear it out.

NRA benefactor life member
SCI life member
DSC life member

Posts: 242 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: 09 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine took one to Africa and took everything from Buffalo to Impala with his. Loves it. Also, I believe our esteemed member Retriever has taken his to Africa a few times.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7144 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, I believe our esteemed member Retriever has taken his to Africa a few times.

Esteemed? For a second, I thought you were talking about Mike :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was under the impression that Caprivi's and Talkeetna's have Krieger barrels. Is that correct,anyone know?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Caprivi in 375 that is accurate with the iron sights. I have not shot it very much however, and I have not yet mounted a scope on it. So far, I am pleased with the rifle.

I got it at Cabelas in an interesting sale. It had the best wood I had ever seen on a Caprivi, so I was interested enough to hold it. It was in 'new' condition, but had a price tag of only $1,500 on it. I asked the clerk what was wrong with it and he said nothing to his knowledge. I said I'd take it and when he rang it up, the cash register sku number said it was a 303 British. I said 'that's not right.' He knew it wasn't right either and called his superior who said, 'well, that's what the price tag and sku says. Do you want it or not?'

I walked out with the rifle and a bunch of Cabela points on my credit card. Some days, things just fall into your lap.

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote