THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Lets see some targets with big holes!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lets see some targets with big holes! Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
when aerial gunning wolves from the backseat of a Supercub it is best that the gunner avoid hitting the prop, the wing lift struts and the ski cable !

The late Don Heath ( Ganyana) was also a pilot and mounted an M1 Garand underneath his Cub that he could fire remotely and could reach through a hole in the floor to reload. It worked at first but he quickly discovered why the military synchronized their machine guns with the prop cycle!

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4195 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
My brother had a radio antenna on a brand new 4x4 truck suffer the same fate one night on Jack Rabbit duty. Not sure how to time a Ruger Mark I 22 pistol with a radio Antennae but I wish I did. His truck. His Ruger. His little brother... Thankfully, in those days, we did not have camera's around to record every incident!
Did get the rabbit though if that counts.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Me, 500 A2, 1/4" steel plate, 647 grain API surplus bullets. Don't do this if grass is dry, incendiary bullets can start fires. Note bullet hitting ground down range after passing through plate.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Nice! I was thinking of doing the same thing with my 500 Jeffery, but I think the boys have talked me into buying a 50 BMG

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4729 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote