New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wish we had a book trade on here
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a ton of extra copies of books and I gave up selling them .I wish we had a book trade on here .
I.have tons of extra Russell annabel ,Jack o Conner , Elmer Keith ,Robert Ruark ,Steward Edward white and Townsend Whelen .It would be nice to have the books I still want and not just all these extra books .
I need Russell annabel Head fer the hills and Trouble is where you find it also Alaska Tales
I want Charles Sheldons sheep books .Osa Johnson books are also on my list It's probably easier to trade my extra books than sell them .There are a bunch more I want just tell me what you have probably easier to pm me on this .I hope this works just tired of listing them for sale !

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
a book trade forum would be awesome! There are several titles I have duplicates of and many others that I don't have at all.

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
You can trade in the classifieds, but it still requires good descriptions and most likely pics. It’s no more work to sell than trade.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent. MTG

Posts: 241 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am the same way I want to get rid of all my extra Jack o Conner books .I bought
The last case of Russell annabel Take of a big Game guide from Derry dale press in 1992 50 of them .I bought all the last Hell I was there hard back books made all Still New from 1998 I think .I have tons of Robert ruarks books and all Peter capstick books bad his reprints of classic books .Hope I can get some trades .

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I like the idea. I know that we can sell on the classified forum but this book trade forum idea I'll bet would get quite a following.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But then as an addendum;I am a book whore + usually never get rid of any I own.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too am a book whore/bibliophile.

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Hello, my name is BaxterB, and I too am a book whore...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps we could set up a 12 book program.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:

:-)

I am just a book slut..not reached the whore level yet..:LOL

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you love to read then you are already committed.....REMEMBER IN ALL HONESTY, have you ever heard anyone say, "I used to like to read" NO!! this a lifelong affliction (that silly business of reading )HA!

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
If you are a dedicated reader you find yourself reading all sorts of stuff when you are out and about - not just books .
Pity help you if you start reading the nutritional value information on the back of the canned goods at the supermarket though - that is just sad...

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must confess that after my eye surgery 2 days ago I coulnd'nt see jack;went to the grocery store for a pair of 'cheaters'.Now I can see to read.Regular glasses will take a month.Point of this silly response was while I was trying on the cheaters in the pharm.I was trying to read the boxes in the isle to see if the glasses worked. I was perusing the various boxes of product just to see if I could see. Must have looked a bit FEY to others.

One of Us
Picture of swaincreek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:
quote:

LOL, way funny !!

Posts: 160 | Location: Lakeland Fl . | Registered: 16 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm an unrepentant book whore. The 12 step program does'nt work for those of us who don't want to change.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swaincreek:
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:
quote:

LOL, way funny !!

There is still hope for you. ;-)

I just got a Doug Collins book and another Brian Herne. One more Herne to go and I’ll have all his.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Books might be my death...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But what a way to go;reading. When I was going into surgery 10 years ago for a detached retina,I was reading my book about Nelson at Trafalger on my gurney.The nurse asked me how I could read at a time like this.I told her,why not.I enjoy it + it takes my mind off of other things.I lovingly blame that on my mother.When I was very young + she was (divorced!horror of horrors in those days) + would set me on a toilet seat chair with a book while she did her chores.As I have said many times before, You NEVER hear anyone saying I used to like to read.Once you are hooked,it is a lifelong experience + joy.

posted Hide Post
I doubt Saeed would object to threads in this forum offering books for trade.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice, George.Although this perhaps be on the political forum;I don't like it there;too much anger + arguments. My point here is about the tariff business dealing with our trade. 1st out of the box I say that I support him even though I'm taking it in the shorts,personally. I have a metal shop that over night had a 40% increase in material cost.I'm losing money (but not whining yet)because it has to level out at some point.Sooner the better for me but I still think that a FAIR rate of exchange should be acceptable. Just remember that only 150 years ago the Crown ruled all the eastern trade by largely working the tea to opium business.Too much to go into here but you most likely know it anyway.Long way around the barn;if we are solvent enough to ride it out,it will work out in the end.

posted Hide Post
What does your post have to do with trading books?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing come to think of it;just the trade business set me off on a tangent. I've done numerous buying + selling books with folks here;but a trade is always welcome + you'll be better off than at 1/2 price books.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K. If this is going to happen someone needs to start. I have ALL of Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe series;mostly paperback. What do you have?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K. that went over like a fart in church.Perhaps everyone else,just like me has books that they would part with but not the classics/1st ed./etc.I have all of the Brad Thor + Vince Flynn thrillers.Just a thought.