Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Hunter In Asia
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
 -

Of the world's great hunting grounds, none can match the incredible challenge of Asia. It is a land of mystery and legend, where the strange and exotic still exist. In its remote and uncharted regions can be found some of the finest big game trophies of the hunt - rare specimen that few museums possess and that no westyern hunter has ever collected.

In this exciting book, Elgin gates, one of the world's greatest trophy hunters, takes you to blazing hot deserts, deep jungles, high desolate valleys, lofty, snow-crowned mountains, and shows you what it is like to hunt the elusive ibex of Kirthar, the royal stags of Persia and Kashmir, the Himalayan markhor, the massive horned argalis of Central Asia, the wild yak of Tibet and many more.

Then ends a fantastic hunt for the Rams of Shangri-la by crossing a 20,000 foot snowbound pass into Red China, the home range of the fabled ovis poli , the most magnificent big game trophy on teh face of the earth.

The thrilling and dramatic stalks of the TROPHY HUNTER IN ASIA, Elgin gates brings out the high adventure and actions of a life time of hunting. Never before has the scope and concepts of trophy hunting been so vividly defined, nor has a more complete account of big game hunting in Asia ever been written.

Posts: 66928 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, my friend,

This silhouette of Elgin makes it look like either he has been aroused by an argali in the distance, or he is wearing a tutu. [Big Grin]

Asia! Where men are men and the sheep run scared.

Thanks for the neato forum you have added. Now I am lusting after more books! [Smile]

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A great book. I have this book and now I want to have the "Trophy Hunter in Africa".

This book shows some of the finest trophies in Asia.

The episode about Marco Polo Sheep is wonderful. This hunt of Gates is also mentioned by George Scheller in "Stones of Silence" as told to him by Mir of Hunza (where Gates hunted Ovis Poli)

Saad

Posts: 271 | Location: Pakistan | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote