New
Find
Notify
Tools

My last four books.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As I’ve been building a house, my current travel to my work is a LONG 3 hour drive. Therefore, I’ve been listening to a lot of audible books. Here are my latest:

Patton by Martin Blumenson. I would rate it as very good and worth the read.

Nine Years among the Indians by Herman Lehman. I rate this book as outstanding and very highly recommended. It was very unique and the real life experiences among the Indians were astonishing.

Theodore Roosevelt by Kathleen Dalton. I’m a little biased as TR is my favorite president. Very good detail and a very in depth biography.

Trail: The story of Lewis and Clark by Louis Charbonneau. Very good and recommend

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Jason: Where are you building your house and where do you work that would cause such a long drive in Utah? Is that one way?!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m living in Logan at my rental house. I am building a house in Garden City. My work is about a 45 minute drive from Garden City.
My current drive is 3 hours round trip.

We should be completed in January which will be a big relief. As I stated in another thread, my previous home that I lived in we sold (which was only a few minutes from work). Garden City is a bit closer to family and a much better place for real estate (IMO).

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Herman Lehman's great great grandson (I think that's right) runs cattle east of Iowa Park.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
What state? I'm from Iowa Park right outside of Wichita Falls, Tx. But that's been a long time ago.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He lived on North Rifle Range Road