Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for: Chui, by Lou Hallamore
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted
Can anyone help me here, loking for Lou Hallamore's book, Chui - Guide to hunting the afican leopard

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
Very difficult book to find, I tried for two months and finaly called Ellen Herring with Trophy Room books who published it and she was able to find me a copy. It was not cheap but its a great book.

CFA

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can anyone help me here, loking for Lou Hallamore's book, Chui - Guide to hunting the afican leopard

I´m searching also for this book...

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Amazon.com has one copy, and it is listed at $794.95.

I gave my copy to a PH several years ago. Darn!

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amazon.com has one copy, and it is listed at $794.95.

shocker

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own In The Salt by Mr. Hallamore. If Chui is half that good it would be a classic indeed. I bought Boddington's Leopard as a substitute.

Posts: 152 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Not cheap or easy to find but you'll find it under the Lou Hallamore subtitle here: http://www.shakariconnection.c...frica-authors-h.html

At $599 this one is a good price. The highest price I've seen them sell for is about $800..... the good news is they'll appreciate in value far more than if you simply invested the money somewhere.

Even better news for me is that we have two copies! - When the book first came out, Mama Shakari bought me a copy for Christmas and I did the same for her.......

one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Congrats on having two copies of the book ... can you imagine that ! I didn't think ANYONE has two of them. Smiler Smiler I'm going to have to have a book sale one of these days.

Have you had Lou sign them?

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Yup, it was a funny thing..... neither of us had an inkling that the other had bought the book for a Christmas present and our faces must have been pictures when we unwrapped them! Smiler

I'm going from memory but I think both are signed.

We also incidentally, did the same thing with In The Salt, so we have two of those as well..... again, I think, both signed.

I'm a lucky man because Mama like to buy me signed first editions from time to time and over the years she's managed quite a collection. They're not all hunting but are pretty much all Africa related or poetry, which is another of my great passions.

One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
I have a copy (first edition #157) that I would be willing to trade for something interesting in the equivalent price ranges mentioned above.

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys, I have a copy of this book that I'd be willing to sell. It is marked inside, where the number and signature would go "Review copy Mark Harris" I bought it in 1999 from Wolfe publishing. When I ordered it they told me they were sold out of the signed copies and would sell me their review copy if I wanted it. This is that copy. It is in very good condition. The only other marks are I penciled my name and the date in on the signature page. The dust jacket shows a very slight amount of wear across the top.

As you can see, I've been a member for several years and read the posts often, but, I've not posted myself. I don't know how all of this works, but if anyone is interested let me know.

Posts: 13 | Location: South Central PA | Registered: 09 January 2008Reply With Quote