THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    Handloader and Rifle Mag, Wolfe Publishing

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handloader and Rifle Mag, Wolfe Publishing
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Handloader magazine Issues #1 thru #100 , Also Rifle Magazine, issues #1 thru #100 , Wolfe Publishing. Excellent condition. Any interest make offer . Shipping extra.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
In the Handloader,are these the ones that Ross Seyfried wrote in? I quit the membership after Barsness fired him (or so the story goes).If so shoot me a figure.Thanks

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
In the Handloader,are these the ones that Ross Seyfried wrote in? I quit the membership after Barsness fired him (or so the story goes).If so shoot me a figure.Thanks

Barsness fired Seyfreid ?

Share the story (as it goes), would like to hear it, (as it goes).

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was the story I heard via the usual gossip B.S. I have nothing official but the word was that there was bad blood between the 2. I don't know,all I do know is that he was removed from Handloader + IMO,they lost their best writer.If anyone knows more truth to this please post it.But the fact still remains that Ross is not writing there anymore. I always loved his column in Guns+Ammo in the 70's.Of course these were the days when we had Elmer Keith + Bill Jordan as editors at large.Howard French was instrumental as well.Just a personal comment here;I am not very impressed by the new gun writers these days.Just My own opinion.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed his writings as well and wondered about his absence. I just figured he wanted out of the biz and wanted to kick back on his ranch. But then, I heard the ranch was up for sale.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
That was the story I heard via the usual gossip B.S. I have nothing official but the word was that there was bad blood between the 2. I don't know,all I do know is that he was removed from Handloader + IMO,they lost their best writer.If anyone knows more truth to this please post it.But the fact still remains that Ross is not writing there anymore. I always loved his column in Guns+Ammo in the 70's.Of course these were the days when we had Elmer Keith + Bill Jordan as editors at large.Howard French was instrumental as well.Just a personal comment here;I am not very impressed by the new gun writers these days.Just My own opinion.

Seyfreid didn't work for Barsness. He worked for Wolfe Publishing as did Barsness. Seyfreid was fired by Dave Scovill, the editor of all three (at the time) Wolfe magazines, with the consent of Mark Harris the owner of Wolfe at the time.

That's the story.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Should have fired Scovill and kept Seyfreid

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well they would have kept my subscription.That's for sure.The bottom line in any business is to make a profit for the company.When the officers in charge drop the ball,it's time for new management.I'll bet if they brought Ross back the subscriptions would rise.I know I would renew.Perhaps the powers that be at Wolfe Publishing read this forum as well.Also Bob,I don't want to insult Scovill but frankly reading his column is like watching paint dry.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobmn:
Should have fired Scovill and kept Seyfreid

+1