THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Cost to restock a sidelock shotgun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cost to restock a sidelock shotgun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know where I can get a Piotti sidelock for a song. Just has had the stock cut way short.
I have a nice piece of wood I was thinking on putting on a box lock but may change my mind and buy the Piotti if the stock making cost is not to prohibitive.
Any idea on the cost of work inletting for the locks?

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The cost will depend on the quality of the work. A Piotti shouldn't have a poor stock job. Expect to pay $7000+ and up plus the cost of the wood. Hopefully, you already know your stock measurements.

Ken

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
You can have a wood extension installed and send it to Mark Larson Gun art and have him work his artistic magic and blend the extension so that you cannot see it. It would cost a small fraction of a restock. He can also do grain enhancement.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2247 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
You might want to check with Leroy Barry of Canyon Creek Custom Gunstocks. He has re-stocked a number of firearms for me and his artist wife, Connie, is a master checkerer, and does all of the checkering on his firearms. He is located in Hamilton, Montana. Look at his website, call him and get a quote for what you want. He has wood or you can supply your own. The review of his website and a call to Leroy is free.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
You can have a wood extension installed and send it to Mark Larson Gun art and have him work his artistic magic and blend the extension so that you cannot see it. It would cost a small fraction of a restock. He can also do grain enhancement.

My thoughts also.

If one is buying it for a working gun it doesn't even have to be that fancy.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually had a hands on look at some of his work today. Very impressed.
All my guns get used.
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:

My thoughts also.

If one is buying it for a working gun it doesn't even have to be that fancy.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A sound Piotti would be worth sending to James Tucker for a restock with a good piece of wood. Figure on $6000 or so for the work, $1,000 to $1,500 for a good blank.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote