THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Gatogordo-do you know Britt Robinson
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gatogordo-do you know Britt Robinson
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Seems you said that you may have shot with him. I shoot BR rifle with him, ,but haven't seen him in a couple years. A very nice man. I heard he knew how to shoot a shotgun.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think I met him many years ago, as the name rings a bell.

He was very good with a shotgun, and so was Gatogordo.

Wasn't he a Texas State Champion?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66937 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought, why not do a search. http://www.traphof.org/Inductees/Robinson-Britt.html
Britt shot his first 100 at the age of 11years old. He was inducted into the Trap Shooters Hall of Fame at 36 years of age."very young" He was on the first team All American from 1969-1976.
I understand Britt fought cancer last year, but haven't heard how he is at this time.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear that.

I wish him all the best.

Posts: 66937 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember Britt and the squad of Texans at the Oklahoma State shoots in the late 60's and early 70's. They were all crazy good. Thanks for the ATA Hall of Fame link...I made the 1970 All American team as a sub-junior. Brought back lots of memories.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7kongoni:
I remember Britt and the squad of Texans at the Oklahoma State shoots in the late 60's and early 70's. They were all crazy good. Thanks for the ATA Hall of Fame link...I made the 1970 All American team as a sub-junior. Brought back lots of memories.

Good for you. You have something to be proud of!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Glad to see an All American here, I made the team twice in my two years in the US.

I think I was the first shooter to make Rookie of the Year and be in the All American team same year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is great Saeed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, according to my own rating system, you have joined the ranks of "Crazy Good". Congratulations!!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed, according to my own rating system, you have joined the ranks of "Crazy Good". Congratulations!!

Many people will agree with you on the "crazy"bit.

Not too sure about the good part Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
No, I really don't know Britt at all. We probably shook and howdied a time or two, but he had mostly quit regular trap local shoots shooting by the time I was active.

Great Shooter with very fast reflexes. I hope he is doing well.

BTW "crazy good" doesn't begin to describe how good Saeed is with a shotgun, or, at least was until he began a personal war with buffalo. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Britt actually called last week. He is cancer free at this time. Said the heat is tough on him after all the cancer treatment. He said he had neuropathy "sp" of the feet and also a little feelings in his hands. Kinda tough on a cotton farmer or anybody for that matter. Said he is burning a lot of powder shooting bench rest. He can't give his shotgun lessons until the weather cools.
I sure enjoyed the visit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update on Britt. With the Rio Olympics in mind, I wonder if he ever tried out for the International Trap Team?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will ask him. He doesn't get far from the farm the last 10-15 years.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Britt actually called last week. He is cancer free at this time. Said the heat is tough on him after all the cancer treatment. He said he had neuropathy "sp" of the feet and also a little feelings in his hands. Kinda tough on a cotton farmer or anybody for that matter. Said he is burning a lot of powder shooting bench rest. He can't give his shotgun lessons until the weather cools.

Very happy to hear this
Please give him our best wishes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:

Very happy to hear this
Please give him our best wishes.

Just talked to Britt, he said he sure remembered shooting with you in Houston years ago. He said thanks for thinking of him. He is now suffering with the Shingles. It has really got him down mentally and physically. He said he can't drive as he is afraid it may cause him to have a wreck. Britt has been through a lot. He is alone with his dogs and said they are great company.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I had shingles once, and it was not very pleasant.

Please tell him my best wishes for a quick recover.

We will keep him in our thoughts.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have had them also. They didn't properly diagnose them until it was too late to really doing anything about them. You really want to crawl out of your skin or your body!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I had shingles once, and it was not very pleasant.

Please tell him my best wishes for a quick recover.

We will keep him in our thoughts.

I'll let Britt know. I know he will appreciate your thoughts.