New
Find
Notify
Tools

process question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i was lead to believe by silencer shop in austin, and i admit i may have misunderstood, that when you buy a can thats in stock, it goes to the LGS you told them to send it to that they deal with, then after you get the tax stamps in the mail, you show up at said LGS and the can is released to you. yes/no/maybe so? my "check was cashed by ATF" first of jan. i called them a coupla weeks ago, was told 9 month wait is standard.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's how it worked for me with the one Silencer I bought from them.

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Essentially true. One minor point is that the stamp will be mailed to the transferring dealer, not you.

Ideally, the dealer will contact you promptly when the stamp arrives, but call NFA Branch every month or two to check progress of the application.

Once the status is changed to 'approved', it might be a week or two before NFA Branch mails it to your dealer.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ok. looks like i need to call again in july. thanks

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You're welcome.

What did you buy?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RAZOR from RUGGED DESIGN for 308 and TI-RANT from ADVANCED for .45 1911

posted Hide Post
Nice. It's only there more months until October Big Grin

George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
are those good uns?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
no?? are they crap cans?

posted Hide Post
John, I have no experience with either of those cans.

George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ok thanks

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Ti-rant is a nice can

average wait time on mailed Form 4's now above 14 months
Silencer Shops bar coded forms are getting through more quickly

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i called LGS again and told em what ATF keeps telling me......9 months. he laughed and said thats their standard answer and the last one they released was also from silencer shop, also a trust, and was 13 months. also, just out of curiosity, when i go to pick em up, are there more forms to fill out? my son is on the trust with me, will he have to go also to LGS?