New
Find
Notify
Tools

45 acp load
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
finally got my TI-RANT can in for a 1911. found some old JRN (ball) i loaded years ago with who knows what for a charge. works ok but i think i can quiet it down. think 4.0 gr BE would be too mild to cycle action?

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I use 5.0 G. of Blue Dot w/ a 230 G. cast.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cant shoot cast thru a can according to place in austin i got it from.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tried 3.8 BE and cycles fine and is quieter. think i'm gonna try for 3.5 and see what happens

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't know that. One could use the same powder load w/ 230 FMJ but it sounds like you have a good load worked up.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john c.:
cant shoot cast thru a can according to place in austin i got it from.

I shoot cast in mine powder coated....it can be taken apart to clean...

Posts: 424 | Location: Lk. St.Clair | Registered: 11 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes, PC is a whole diff thing in cast shooting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had to click on because I had no idea what PC ( political correctness) had to do with cast bullets, powder coating was not the 1st thing that crossed my mind. But these days anything could be applied + I just scratch my head.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I was worried about lead deposition in the suppressor, I’d use JHP bullets only. The exposed lead at the base of the bulletin in a FMJ is going to deposit some via vaporization as well.

Powder coat works if done right, I suppose.

With mine, I really don’t worry about it. Clean it when needed.

The one I use the most is a .22 rimfire. Hard to find non lead subsonics.

Couple bricks so far and no issues.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote