New
Find
Notify
Tools

6x29.5
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello. Do any of you have a 6x29.5Rmm Stahl? Turn of the century black powder cartridge. Similar to 25-20. I have a drilling that I think uses this cartridge. I would love to see a drawing or photo of actual round. Thank you! Gary

Posts: 462 | Location: central California | Registered: 26 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I have a little information on this cartridge - very little actually but alas , no picture.

Your cartridge was made from ca. 1890 - ca.1925 , for the Stahl single shot rifle and combination guns. Hence the name , although it is also called a Tesching . Loaded by RWS / Uttendoeffer.

Also have case measurement and a line drawing if you want . I can scan and email the pic to you easier than attempting to make it appear here :-(

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent. Gary

Posts: 462 | Location: central California | Registered: 26 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
scanned and replied to

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Muzza, Got it. Thank you much! Gary

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
You are welcome Gary. Only help its usefull - those obscure Euro calibers are pretty hard to research , but a friend of mine wrote two volumes on European Sporting Cartridges 15-odd years ago , and thats about the only recent , English-language referance I know of .

European Sporting Cartridges by W. Brad Dixon , Amory Publications ISBN -0-939683-10-5 and -0-939683-18-0