THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CARTRIDGE COLLECTING FORUM

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoping someone can date these two boxes of ammo.
 Login/Join

posted
Both are 38 Special. First is this one:

Then this one. Front and back of box as end flaps are gone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit rusty and hopefully someone else will be more accurate. I think the Remington is of early 60's and the Peter's are in the late 40's early 50's.

Hopefully this will get the ball rolling on more of a pinpointed date.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3063 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree on the remington in the 60
Peters Cartridge Corp. was founded in 1887 near Cincinnati, Ohio. In 1934, Remington purchased Peters. In 1944, production at Peters plant in Ohio stopped. The buildings are now abandoned. After 1944, Peters ammunition was made in Remington's plant, and was identical to the Remington product, except for the cartridge cases and boxes. The Peters brand shotshells, with their distinctive blue color, continued to be sold separately until the late 1960s. The continuation of the Peters brand for more than 30 years after the merger with Remington is testimony to the strength of the Peters trademark and earlier reputation.
In 1970, Remington began making ammunition in a new plant in Lonoke, Arkansas and Remington closed its historic plant in Bridgeport, Connecticut.

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2295 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That stuff was still around in the early 1950s into the late 1950s..Ihave a good bit of it in Rem and Peters 25-35 WCF and 30-30.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41722 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote