Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

41 short rim fire box of 48, rare?
 Login/Join

posted
Purchased a box of 41 short rim fire's @ an Estate sale. Remington Arms Co. in very good shap. I was wondering the going rate or value of these little cartridges. Thanks -George

Posts: 4 | Location: cypress, texas | Registered: 08 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
41 Short RF are fairly common except for certain headstamps. If the box is all original and in good condition it could bring a premium but I doubt if the value would exceed $1 per cartridge. Even then you'd have to find a buyer who collects such things.

JMHO

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bigbird34
posted Hide Post
41 L.RF are $3.00 a piece at ammo-one.....no 41 short RF avaiable .....so they are worth at least $1.00 ea,plus if the box is in good shape ....the box might be worth $20.00 to $40.00 or more ......post the whole bunch on auctionarns.com and see what they go for.bb34

Posts: 126 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 16 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think there's a full box of Remington 41 Short RF on SOLDUSA right now.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Remington made a run of those back in the very late 60's & early 70's. I bought several boxs & shot them in my Great Grandfathers Remington 41 cal. "belly gun". He bought the pistol post civil war & carried it on him every day till the day he died (1941).

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote