Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 6.8 Military cartridge
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted
Dan could i buy a few (3) cases from you?

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where can I find one of the new 6.8 military cartridges - or is it the 6.8 Remington? Thanks for the help.

Posts: 376 | Location: Farmington, NM - USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
Hit some of the cartridge shows; they are starting to appear - primarily bring-backs from Afghanistan at this point. I picked up a few in June in Willamsport. Yeah, I know - long way from NM. There's a show coming up in AZ in January, though. Right now it's called the "Remington Special" - not unlike the ".222 Remington Special" which was used for the .223 / 5.56 in the latter's pre-adoption days. It is not an "official" military cartridge yet, but likely it will become so - or at least an alternate standard similar to the co-existance of the .30 M1 Carbine, .30 Light Rifle and .30-06.

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never been to a cartridge shows - just don't have them around here. I just got back from a gun show in Albuquerque and did not find one there. Thanks for the help, I will keep looking.

Posts: 376 | Location: Farmington, NM - USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote