Find
Notify
Tools

Vintage 44 Auto Mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
Please take a look at this box of 44 Auto Mag ammo that I have had for a considerable amount of time...well 10-15 years. It has two price tags on it..50 and 100, but I put no relevance on that.

How collectable is this and if so what value is it 'typically' getting? I know it is about what a person is willing to pay, but more need to know typical. I do not need it in my collection, but dammit...Dirty Harry has me addicted to it. Man the box is heavy and I love the slightly rolled over JHP on the nose.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I just counted the cartridges from the photos that my wife sent to me while off on work and it actually appears there is 49? or did I count wrong?

Dammit, someone took one for a collection huh? Not me.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got fifty. No idea on the price.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
Your box does not have a high collector value due to it being in such poor condition.
Like cars and guns and most everything else, ammo boxes in better condition sell for a higher price than those in lesser condition.
Value? I have no idea, although a ,44 Auto Mag owner might be looking for some shooting stuff.
Not trying to insult you, just giving my opinion.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steyrsteve:
Your box does not have a high collector value due to it being in such poor condition.
Like cars and guns and most everything else, ammo boxes in better condition sell for a higher price than those in lesser condition.
Value? I have no idea, although a ,44 Auto Mag owner might be looking for some shooting stuff.
Not trying to insult you, just giving my opinion.

Agreed...there just isnt that much Auto Mag out there. I have some 357 Auto Mag too

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Yep 50 in the box and if I happen to own one of those Auto Mags a genuine box full like that would be worth paying good bucks for.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 333_OKH:
Please take a look at this box of 44 Auto Mag ammo that I have had for a considerable amount of time...well 10-15 years. It has two price tags on it..50 and 100, but I put no relevance on that.

How collectable is this and if so what value is it 'typically' getting? I know it is about what a person is willing to pay, but more need to know typical. I do not need it in my collection, but dammit...Dirty Harry has me addicted to it. Man the box is heavy and I love the slightly rolled over JHP on the nose.

I sold some cartridges not quite as obscure as yours but the boxes and cartridges were pristine. I put them on Gunbroker and got $8.00 each plus $15 shipping.

As mentioned, the box isn't that good but if someone had a 44 Automag they would probably pay well for it. If I had them, I'd probably put them on Gunbroker from $10 to $15 each plus $15 to $20 shipping. It would probably take awhile to sell but I wouldn't be surprised if you got that for them.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of b0400879
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 333_OKH:
How collectable is this and if so what value is it 'typically' getting? I know it is about what a person is willing to pay, but more need to know typical.

Little collector interest because depicted rounds & box are garden-variety CDM: Cartouches Deportivos del Mexico (Mexican Sporting Cartridges) from early-mid 70's.
On the opposite extreme: Orig Norma .44 AMP ammo from a slightly earlier era is much better in all regards.

Pls shoot me a PM if this ratty ol' box o' wett-bakk ammo needs a new home.

Regards

Posts: 86 | Location: Seychelles | Registered: 04 January 2002Reply With Quote