New
Find
Notify
Tools

The attack on the prepared
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So this is actually happening on a variety of social media platforms. They are labeling groups made up of gardeners and home canners as dangerous preppers.

Facebook labels posts about preparedness or self-reliance as extremist ideas, warning that "violent groups try to manipulate your anger and disappointment" and offering confidential support to protect yourself and others.

These platforms are also claiming that being too prepared is a sign of extremism and warns users of the 'danger'.

So grandma canning her beans is a violent extremist now. What a pathetic world we are in.

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I 100% "disagree" with what is happening. I can marvel at the skill and masterful steps they are taking to achieve their goal. They have totally sedated any opposition to their agenda. One of the most amazing things to me is that "preppers" are not serious. In fact preppers are generating resistence to "serious" prepping. What is coming is going to be "horrific". Not inconvenient, but flat'ass horrific.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It used to be that most people put their own food up and took care of their kin as well. Now, most know nothing about real food and how to preserve it. You are right. The media is criminalizing what some of us call real living.

Since most people live off someone else's work now they are easily led to think this is true.

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
The media is criminalizing what some of us call real living.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, I agree. Seems to be ramping up in speed too. That must mean those profiteers think the populace has been sufficiently trained.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A person who is sufficiently prepared will not live in fear. tu2

Posts: 18530 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:

Unless you have lazy, unskilled friends/family who know where you live when the SHTF.

shocker

Look at our southern border being bumrushed by the thousand hordes every day.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:

I respectfully 100% disagree. Nearly "ALL" of the So-Called preppers, do not live remote enough to even be semi-safe. Most preppers are delusional. Few can even imagine what they will face. The biggest problem for preppers is their whole plan revolves around keeping control of their home. Once they have lost their home, they have no food, clothing, shelter, safety. They are in the same situation as those who never prepared. Most are prepared for mild yucky, or substantial yucky, or real bad yucky. They "CAN"T" comprehend the possibility of it never ever ending. They believe it will return to "normal". They can't comprehend it never returning to normal.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As the old saying goes, "The meanest trick the devil devised was convincing people he didn't exist."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Per this discussion, I have a couple of friends- one has been a conservative prepper and the other is a liberal-but believes in being prepared with food storage etc. (no guns however if you can believe that). Both have had the very same problem. They have chosen, purposely or not, to BROADCAST, vocally, by their actions and/or in many other ways, their preparations to friends, neighbors, relatives and even to complete strangers on social media websites. In fact, the liberal stated outright one day in a meeting of so-called friends that if things headed south and his friends and/or neighbors or even others, needed help, he would welcome them to his home. The other is not quite as vocal. However, friends, neighbors and others (and who in the hell else may know-as word spreads like wildfire especially in times of stress), know of both the liberal's and the conservative's preparations. So, a word to the wise: Be careful what information you discuss or disseminate, with anyone, because no absolutely one is your friend, especially on websites, and because people are at their very worst in a time of severe stress or disaster. They will follow you, track you, monitor you, and resort to many other things to discover what you have. Some have likely already been doing so with those who have been vocal about their preparations. And, I respectfully disagree with anyone who believes that remoteness guarantees safety-if anyone believes that, they're unwise and putting themselves in jeopardy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun: And, I respectfully disagree with anyone who believes that remoteness guarantees safety-if anyone believes that, they're unwise and putting themselves in jeopardy.

What is your idea of "Remoteness".....??? I have lived remote, where I went a little over six months and never seen a human or heard a human voice, zero human contact of any type.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing is totally remote anymore. By your own admission you did have human contact eventually-be it voluntarily or involuntarily it doesn't matter. And, in a world wide crisis or disaster, sooner or later that contact will not be friendly. As much as we all wish otherwise, unfortunately we live in a totally different world than a few years ago. Good luck!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe in not having ones eggs all in one basket.

Having some supplies in other places is a good thing.

Helping other prepare is a good thing.

That can range from idea's to actually helping them buy or give them items.

Our garden produced really well this year.

Several families have benefited from it.

I under no delusion that if I show up at their door that they well truly help me.

But then it is no skin off my back giving them extra produce.

No matter what if the government here goes rouge to the point they are hunting you down.

No matter where you live they will get you.

One can hope that one can make them pay dearly for it.

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
One can hope that one can make them pay dearly for it.

This.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Exactly! Agree! tu2